Created by "someone" with significant overseas experience, giving you a very best experience staying short-term or long-term in Shanghai. Short-term rental available almost at competitive long-term rate. Over 500 expatriates served.
Hello, I'm Lisa, a young girl living and working in Shanghai. I am outgoing and friendly, fond of people, traveling & food :) I worked as a Skincare Shop Manager before starting the "hosting idea" in 2013 and Airbnb in 2014. It is a delighted experience showing my guests morden and old sides of Shanghai, giving them a "live like a local" experience. Since 2013, over 3,000 travelers / expats from 50+ countries have lived with us, short-term or very long-term. I appreciate all their insights on life, work and many aspects of things. So it would be great if you can help me know a bit about you before a booking!
We can reach much more than a hotel as highlighted (aka. if you're looking for) below:
-A fully furnished space to stay in city heart with short reach to major sites and easy transport access;
-A sweet and experienced host who has lived years abroad to handle all your expectations;
-A chance to befriend with other cool shared apartment guests and hang out around;
-A well compiled booklet to travel as a local.
1. "Do you host elsewhere in the city?" - Not yet. In order to provide the best hosting experience, all our private rooms are in the same location (managible radius) strategically closed to the Bund and major sites of the city. Cloest metro is Linping Lu Station (临平路站) at Line 4 and Hailun Lu Station (海伦路站) at Line 10. Read our comment to check how great the location and everything else are.
2. "Can I / my friend come over to visit first?"
i) For stay of over one month, you can come for a visit beforehand. But to ensure room availability, we suggest you to book two weeks to check out the environment and roommie(s) before a decision to stay really long-term. But:
ii) For stay of less than one month, we cannot arrange it due to capacity. Reviews from 50+ guests and photos taken by Airbnb photographer can be a very good reference for your judgement.
4. "Can I check in in the morning or leave in the afternoon/evening?" - Normal check in time is 2 p.m. and check out time is 12p.m. We can help keep your luggage in storage before check-in time or after check-out time. If the room is not occupied or to be occupied, we can arrange it more flexibly for you.
5. "What else do I share with others after booking the private room?" -Our apartments are fully furnished. You will be sharing the common facility such as washing machine, refrigerator etc with 0-2 other roommies. You will have an own bath if you book a master bedroom.
6. "Good internet?" -YES! Internet is stable and fast but you need a VPN to access foreign sites such as (website hidden) and (website hidden). If VPN is important to you, please send us a note so we can arrange you to a room with this provided.