Perfect location, right in the middle of the town. A leisurely five minute walk will take you to cafes, restaurants and venues for entertainment - but at the end of the evening a very quiet and peaceful sleep in your room overlooking the garden.
Located in a conservation area in the centre of town, we offer a good-sized double room, light + airy, very quiet - overlooking the garden - with bathroom next door. The cottage is still undergoing gradual restoration, but it's already very cosy and comfortable. The staircase is a twisty old spiral - so not suitable for anyone with mobility problems.
In general, happy to accept one-night bookings, however we reserve the right to request reservations of two nights or more on any bank holiday weekend. Generous discounts apply for bookings of one week/one month.
My elderly cat, Cassy, is friendly, but will not trouble you if discouraged. She is never allowed into the bedrooms. I am also very particular about hygiene in the kitchen; Cassy is never allowed to climb onto work surfaces.
Breakfast includes choice of breads/croissants + preserves, home-made Bircher muesli (proved to be a guest favourite!), porridge, yoghurts, fruit + our own home-grown eggs! cooked however you like them. We are a pescatarian household, so do not offer any meat products - but will offer kippers if requested in advance. Fresh coffee or tea /herbal infusions. Soya/almond/rice milk on request. May be served on the patio in summer.
Single occupancy discount may be offered for stays of 2 nights or more (we send a special offer upon request).
Free on-street parking, + a car park just a few yards away free of charge overnight till 8am.
We are very close to the town market place, with shops, pubs and cafes - and including the Cheese & Grain, the Memorial Theatre and Rook Lane Chapel venues + a small cinema - all only a short 5 minute stroll from our door. The very popular Merlin Theatre is within 10 minutes' drive/taxi ride.
There are ample taxis, all running well into the early hours at the weekend.
Bedroom and bathroom. Garden.
I love to chat with my guests and get to know them and a little about their lives. It's fun to meet such a diverse mix of people! However, if you prefer to be quietly left alone, then I will respect that.
I don't normally take breakfast with guests, as I prefer to give my full attention to providing you with a delicious start to your day.
1. I always serve you with breakfast at the kitchen table and would never leave you to fend for yourselves.
2. We are not able to offer any cooking facilities, but a coffee and tea-making tray is provided in the bedroom.
3. Our boiler is set at the ideal temperature for hot water at the basin and in the shower. If you wish to take a bath, please tell me, so that we can adjust the boiler to a higher setting (since the tub takes a while to fill).
4. Sorry - we do not offer any laundry facilities.
We kindly request that the following be observed:-
1. Very important - for her safety, never let our cat out onto the street. (She has plenty of freedom in our garden).
2. Remember to place the shower curtains inside the bath before taking a shower.
3. Wireless internet is available free of charge for leisure use. However, we are not able to offer this for extensive business use as the norm. If your trip is work-related and you will require extensive internet use, this may be possible at a modest extra charge - please enquire.
My home is a 17th century weaver's cottage and a 'work in progress' since I moved in 4 years ago - it's already very cosy and comfortable though. The guest room has recently been redecorated. Love having guests and promise you will be made very welcome. I have two cats and three chickens - so there are always fresh eggs at my place! (the cats are purely decorative).