Brunstane - Daiches Braes (close to Portobello Edinburgh’s seaside resort)
Free Wi-Fi and parking.
Modern studio apartment within townhouse in East Edinburgh located close to Brunstane train station and a 7 minute train journey to Waverley Station
Check out (URL HIDDEN)
Free Wi-Fi and parking.
The apartment comprises a lounge and kitchen, bedding area, separate shower room, separate w/c & wash hand basin and cupboard space. It has gas central heating, free Wi-Fi (ispybrae) and parking with a south facing courtyard where it is lovely to sit out.
The flat is within easy walking distance of train and excellent bus services. It is close to Portobello, Edinburgh’s seaside resort, with a variety of shops and restaurants. The fashionable Shore district at Leith is a short drive away.
accessible from the A1 and city bypass.
There is easy access to the motorway network, the city bypass, the airport and the Forth Road Bridge.
The owner will meet the guests on arrival if possible or alternatively leave a key in the key safe for them providing my terms and conditions are met.
On arrival - I live upstairs and can help guests to make the most of their holiday.
No smoking in the apt- smoking permitted on the seated area outside the apt. Pets are at the discretion of the owner.
Terms and Conditions - Please read before booking
Self-catering holiday lets in Edinburgh
Definitions of terms used: Owners/Lessor = ourselves ; You/Hirer = person (s) booking the apartment
In the event of a cancellation a full refund will be given where we are able to re-let the flat for the period of your original contract. However, when this cannot be achieved the following charges will apply.
Notice of cancellation prior to arrival(URL HIDDEN) - 60 days or more: 25% charge
- 30-59 days: 50% charge
- Less than 30 days: full rental price
2. A booking contract is made when your booking details have been received. You are required to provide your name, address, home and mobile telephone numbers, dates of arrival and departure and number in party plus the booking deposit of between £100 to £400 (depending on the size of the booking) which includes a damage deposit - see point 3 below. This can be paid by cheque. Full payment of the outstanding balance is made on arrival. If payment is made by cheque this must be received 7 full days prior to arrival to allow clearance of funds.
3. Arrival and Departure
The apartment will be available for occupancy at 1pm on the date of arrival and must be vacated before 10am on the date of departure. Any variation to these times must be agreed with us before confirmation of booking is completed - late arrival times may incur an additional charge. In addition, if your arrival is or is likely to be delayed beyond 18:00 hours on the start date of your rental, you must contact the owners beforehand. Failure to do so will be treated as a cancellation. Changes of arrival or departure dates unless previously intimated to and agreed by the Owners may be treated as a cancellation(URL HIDDEN)4. The Hirer shall, at all times, keep the hired premises in a clean and tidy condition. The Hirer further binds him/herself to leave the property and its contents in the same condition as they found them. A refundable damage deposit of £100 (£150 over Christmas and New Year) is required to be paid at time of booking. This sum of money minus any monies required to cover the cost of any breakages and cleaning will be returned, by post, to the Hirer immediately at the end of the rental period. In the case of Hirers from non-sterling countries, different arrangements may apply. Please contact us for details.
5. The right is reserved to make an additional charge when excessive gas or electricity is used. Guests are expected to use gas and electricity as they would in their own home, i.e. by switching off appliances which are not required; by turning off the heating in warm weather; by keeping the windows closed in cool weather, etc.
6. Loss of keys: the Hirer is obliged to look after all keys which they receive in order to gain entrance to the apartment. these must all be returned at the end of the rental period. Should any or all of these keys be lost or mislaid, by the Hirer or by any member of the Hirer’s party, the Hirer must bear the full cost of replacement and, if required, the cost of replacing locks.
7. The Hirer shall undertake to prevent any member of his/her party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents or occupiers.
8. The Hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let since insurance covers theft only if the apartment is broken into.(URL HIDDEN)9. The Hirer binds and obliges him/herself to pay to the Lessor (ourselves) in respect of any and all loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear. A detailed inventory (i.e. list of contents) is available within the apartment. The hirer is advised to check this inventory immediately on arrival and to intimate to the Lessor any discrepancies.
10. The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof(URL HIDDEN)11. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises. The maximum number of people
permitted to occupy the studio apartment is 2 (Brunstane) and the maximum for The Shore is 4. The Hirer must not allow more people
than was intimated at the time of the original booking to occupy the property, neither can the Hirer significantly change the composition of their holiday rental party during the occupation of the property, nor can the Hirer take any pet into the property (unless with prior agreement with the owner). If the Hirer does any of these things, the Owners can refuse to hand over the property to the Hirer, or can repossess it. If the Owners do so, this will be treated as a cancellation by the Hirer. No refund of any monies by the Hirer paid in respect of their booking will be made and the owners will have no liabilityto the Hirer as a result of this situation.
12. The Hirer binds and obliges him/herself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire. The specific period of hire is given in the written confirmation of each booking.
13. The Hirer warrants that the subjects let are to be use for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the lettings a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, "a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday."
14. The Hirer undertakes to relieve the Lessor from any liability for damage or injury however caused by any member of his/her party.
15. The Lessor, their agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party or their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
16. Circumstances beyond the control of the Owners - except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, the Owners shall not be liable, jointly or individually, for any changes, cancellations, effect on your holiday, loss or damagesuffered caused by you or for any failure by the Owners to perform or properly perform any of their respective obligations caused by any event(s) or circumstance(s) beyond the reasonable control of the Owners (referred to as ‘force majeure in these conditions). By way of example, force majeure includes fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction or damage of the property by any cause (other than negligence of the Owners) and all similar situations. In appropriate cases (for example, where your booking has to be cancelled before your departure) the Owners will, however, refund to you all monies paid to the Owners by you for your booking. However, no compensation, expenses,costs or other sums of any description (including without any limitation the cost of securing an alternative property/ accommodation) will be payable in such circumstances by the Owners to you)(URL HIDDEN)
17. The Owners are entitled at their sole and absolute discretion to refuse to hand over to you, or to repossess, the property (which includes the fixtures, fittings, furnishings and decorations) if the owners reasonably believe that any damage is likely to be caused, has been caused or is being caused by you or by any members of your holiday rental party. These circumstances will be treated as a cancellation by you. No refund of any monies you have paid in respect of your booking will be made and the Owners will have no liability to you as a result of this situation arising (including, for example, any costs or expenses you incur due to not being able to occupy the property, such as your incurring the cost of securing an alternative property/accommodation). Nor in this situation, will the Owners have any obligation to find alternative accommodation for you(URL HIDDEN)18. You must allow the Owners (including workmen) access to the property at any reasonable time during your occupation of the property (except in cases of emergency or where a problem needs remedying quickly and you cannot be contacted in time – in these situations, the Owners are entitled to enter the property at anytime without giving you prior notice).
19. The hirer is responsible for what is downloaded from the website/internet. All downloaded material is required to meet all relevant legislation.
20. The contract between you and the owners is subject to Scottish law, and is formed in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is agreed that any dispute you may have with the owners will be dealt with by the courts of Scotland.
Date of arrival: ....................................................................
Date of departure: ..............................................................
Hirer’s signature: ................................................................(URL HIDDEN)
Lessor’s signature: .............................................................(URL HIDDEN)