2 bedroom budget garden-level apartment in diverse Chicago neighborhood. Free parking and easy access to public transportation.
Bare-bones, work in progress accommodations for the low-maintaince budget traveler
Please read our listing in it's entirety before booking a stay
2 bedroom garden-level apartment, beautiful granite-like sanded concrete floors, quirky touches, 900 square feet.
-The living room has a full-sized pull out couch that can comfortably sleep 2 adults.
-The kitchen is stocked with all the appliances and tools required to eat-in. Small breakfast nook with seating for 3.
The apartment is being offered at a low rate because it is still a work in progress. While the apartment is fully functional and comfortable, there are several aesthetic updates needed. This is not a luxury apartment.
Some examples of what you'll find:
- Trim not yet installed
- Closets have curtains, not doors
- Trim, finishes around shower not installed
- Temporary trim and casings around windows
All of the updates needed are strictly aesthetic. The apartment is fully functional and comfortable ;)
Jeremy is honing his carpentry skills as he works on the unit and it therefore has a lot of quirky qualities.
Diverse neighbors, great little places to discover around every corner, walking distance to several unique neighborhoods (Logan Square, Wicker Park, Ukrainian Village...), ease of access to all the major attractions to Chicago. Steps to BEAUTIFUL Humboldt Park featuring a lagoon, playgrounds, sports fields, public art events, beach, pool, and wildlife.
While you will have the complete apartment exclusive for your private use during your stay, we will always be easily available or have a local proxy for any questions or concerns you may have throughout your visit!
You will have access to everything the apartment has to offer: 2 queen-sized bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen, basic cable television, wifi, and free washer and dryer.
We provide clean linens for all of our guests.
We will not be physically available during your stay but will be easy to reach via phone/email during your visit and will have a local proxy available if any issues may arise.
Pipes in the ceiling provide heat to the apartment above.
You have your own thermostat that controls the radiant floor heat in your unit, but if the apartment above is occupied by people who have the thermostat set very high, you may need to crack some windows, utilize fans, or turn on the window air conditioner in the kitchen.
Listing photographs may not be 100% accurate, we are regularly updating furnishings, linens, decorations, and appliances in the apartments.
Sound travels due to other people living in the apartment above. Be aware of this before booking and take precautions if a very light sleeper
Pets are only allowed with advanced notice and for an additional fee
When booking our apartment, please make yourselves completely at home!
Throughout your stay, please let us know if anything does not meet your expectations—we want to ensure that you have a wonderful experience staying in our home!
During your stay, please:
• Do not bring additional guests beyond the number in your reservation without permission from the host.
• Alert us to any concerns about the condition, cleanliness, or functionality of the apartment.
• Be courteous of people staying in other apartments in the building. Remove heavy shoes to reduce overhead noise, keep music at reasonable levels.
• Understand that no special events/parties/or additional guests should be in the apartment without prior explicit permission
• Return keys to lockbox at checkout. A $50 key fee will be charged if keys are not in place for incoming guests.
• In cold months, please-please-please turn down the thermostat when leaving the apartment. In hot months, keep the air conditioner unit on at all times to reduce humidity.
• Hang wet towels to dry
• Before check-out, please remove all left-overs/perishables from the refrigerator and include in the tras(URL HIDDEN)Reasonable non-perishable items that you'd be happy to find as a guest: coffee, spices, etc. please leave for future guests.
• Take out all trash bags. To reach the cans in the alley, go through the back door, down the steps to the back door and out through the back gate.
• For smokers:
o Please keep all smoking outdoors—NOT on the enclosed back porch.
o Dispose of cigarette butts appropriately.
o Smokers who do not adhere to these guidelines will be fined by airbnb
• For pet owners:
o Please dispose of all pet waste into garbage containers out the back gate, in the alley behind the house.
o Do not allow pets into the building that have not been pre-approved by the hosts.
We're a married couple and parents to three children. We are originally from Michigan and now rent out our 3-flat in Chicago and also our family home in nearby Blue Island, IL.
Laura's a Nurse Practitioner/Midwife. Jeremy repairs glass, climbs mountains, and takes beautiful pictures.
We enjoy travel, cooking, beer, walks around the city, and exploring the nooks and crannies of our neighborhood.
We love hosting people and have traveled in the same manner extensively. For our honeymoon, we couch-surfed across 5 countries in 3 weeks and now that we have young children, we appreciate the comfort and convenience of staying in a local airbnb homes.
We believe that staying with a local host in a local neighborhood can add an incredible amount to your experience in a new city and love to offer our guests that adventure.
We pride ourselves in offering excellent value and service to our guests