*Ideal for student interns, work assignments, and transitional housing* Private bedroom on the main floor with a shared bathroom in a 3BD/2BA family home in quiet community, located on the outskirts of Washington, DC, minutes from the Beltway, AFB and the metro rail on the green line. On local bus route 12 minute bus ride to Suitland Metro. Near Suitland Federal Center. Easy access to DC. Curb and Driveway parking is available. Desk inside room, closet and drawer space.
Split level home, bathroom in basement, 2 people can comfortably fit in the listing; 5-6 people can comfortable live in the entire house.
Private bedroom on the main floor with shared bathroom on basement level; access to everything but master bedroom, master bathroom and baby room.
Have a cat and one owner works from home and a toddler in the home.
One owner does smoke.
Welcome to our home! To make your stay more enjoyable and easy to navigate here are some guidelines:
1. You will have access to the downstairs bathroom, the washer and dryer in the basement, the backyard, the kitchen and the living room.
2. If you know you will need bath towels before arriving, please let us know prior to arrival so you will have your own personal set.
3. While you have access to the washer and dryer, please provide your own laundry items. If you ever need to use any of ours, please ask first and if you use it all, please inform me and/or replace what you use.
4. You will have access to all cooking ware, dishes and utensils. You will have access to seasonings and condiments. Again, if you use it up, either inform me or replace.
5. You will be responsible for cleaning the bathroom if you have an extended stay (if you are for longer than just a couple of days or a week.)
6. If anything needs repair, please inform me first before attempting to correct the problem yourself.
7. We have a beautiful backyard that you are welcome to enjoy. Please keep it clean- i.e. pick up any food, plates, cans, cigarette butts, etc.-after using it so other tenants can enjoys a clean backyard. In other words- please campfire, leave it better than you found it!
8. If you know you will be using the Metro frequently, please inform us so you can receive a pre-loaded Metro card to start with when you arrive.
9. You will receive a your own personal code to enter the house. Please keep your code secure.
10. There is no curfew (we are all adults!) You may come and go as you please.
11. We love meeting people! So we welcome friends and families of our guests to visit. If the guest becomes a recurrent and overnight guest, I will ask for you to modify your reservation to reflect the additional guest. If you know prior to reserving that your guest will be recurrent and overnight, please be honest and reflect that in when first booking, and do not intentionally wait until the reservation is booked, or when you arrive.
12. If something comes up, such as a contract job extension, housing deal fell through, etc., that will cause you to need to extend your stay, please give me at least a week notice. While it is not a guarantee it will be honored since someone might have already booked the space, the more notice I have the more likely we can work with you.
13. There is a toddler in the home.
14. Smoking is permitted in the house, although it must be confined to either the garage or outside. If you are someone who has medical or job-related concern about this, please take this into consideration before booking. If you do smoke, please be respectful, as only one of the host does smoke and the other one does not. This is a 420 friendly home, but again, be mindful of others in the home that do not smoke.
15. Don't be afraid to ask for help or inform me of any problems. My goal is to make your stay as peaceful as possible.
16. Medical-assisted/ service animals are permitted.
17. This is a breastfeeding-friendly household. Take that into consideration if public breastfeeding makes you uncomfortable.
18. We will never accept cash upon arrival, or the option of going off of Airbnb for payment options.
We live in home; We interact with guests as little or much as guest permits.
Hi! My name is Dawn Williams and I am currently renting out a private room and space in a basement. I have lived in the DC area since 2007.
I have worked in education for 9 years, from non profit, to K-12 as an English teacher, to currently an Adult Educator.
I enjoy old school R&B, barbeque, Mexican, Italian and seafood. I don't watch a lot of tv, but when I do, it's mostly cooking shows and HGTV.
I spend most of my time with my toddler-aged daughter. My boyfriend does freelance video and photography work. We also have a female cat named Toni, who is pretty chill.
Overall, we are a pretty low key family that wants people to feel at home and free to come and go as they please.