Newly renovated & beautifully decorated 2 bedroom private home with expansive views of Somerset Dam. 2 min drive to Kirkleigh boat ramps. This is a brilliant way to holiday with the family if you love water sports!
While we allow Airbnb guests to share our private home, please respect that the pricing is for one family only. A second family will incur extra cost at $35/night. If your party is adults only, please note there are only 2 bedrooms with doors. Please PM me if you need further clarification or want to confirm pricing.
Please note, guests need to provide all linen including pillows, sheets, blankets, duvets, doonas, towels and anything else you might need to sleep at night.
Access to lock up garage, boat or jetski parking, BBQ and 2 acres of land overlooking Somerset Dam. Large deck out front and a firepit to gather around at night. We have alpacas living in the back paddock, feel free to say hello. Our chickens enjoy fresh veggie scraps and you are welcome to any fresh eggs they lay. The herb garden is yours to use to freshly season any fish you're sure to catch in the lake!
None - This is our holiday home so you will have the entire home to yourself. We will not be there.
Linen can be provided at an extra charge however we prefer if you bring your own.
Please ensure you bring fitted sheets - including for you and the kids beds. Past guests have just brought a sleeping bag and slept directly on the mattresses and mattress covers. For your own personal hygiene and those of other guests, please put fitted sheets and each bed that is slept on. Please note, guests need to provide all linen including pillows, sheets, blankets, duvets, doonas, towels and anything else you might need to sleep at night.
There is a TV in the main bedroom and in the kids retreat. Kids retreat also has a PlayStation 3 with a few games (feel free to bring your own).
We welcome your family to share in our home away from home. Please note, while bedding configuration will fit more, the house is not suited to more than 2 couples (and their kids). Four adults maximum and 8 in total is a house rule we strictly adhere to. There are only 2 bedrooms with doors. The third bedroom has a curtain only across the entrance, it is an office area which has been converted to a bedroom. Please have a look at the floor plan in the photos for further detail. Thanks for your understanding.
All guests to be declared at time of booking including small children. We have the right to ask any undeclared guests to vacate or to charge additional fees including extra cleaning costs.
* Kids Retreat - The bunk room is for sleeping only. It is not a playground. Unfortunately, our experience has been that previous guests have not reinforced this with their children resulting in damage and dirty handprints and even footprints to both walls and ceiling in the bunk room. Because of the amount of times this has happened, I have been forced to add this note to the house rules. Should there be marks or dirty handprints/footprints or scuffs on the walls or ceilings which require cleaning in the bunk room, you will be charged a $60 cleaning fee from your damage deposit.
This is our personal holiday home we use to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and into which we place a lot of love and care. Please respect our cottage and our belongings the same way as you do your own home.
We hope you enjoy your stay and kindly ask that you leave the cottage as you found it.
* Somerview Cottage is a NON SMOKING property, there is no smoking permitted in the rooms or on the premises.
* You will note that we do not charge a cleaning fee. We ensure that our home is clean after every guest of course, and cleaning is a cost we ourselves bear and do not pass on to guests. Please help us keep the Airbnb cleaning fees to $0 by cleaning before your departure and leaving the home as you found it. Should excessive cleaning be required you will be charged at a rate of $60/hr for cleaning services.
* As this is a property is in a residential area, the same noise abatement laws apply as anywhere else in Queensland.
* No tents or other structures are allowed on the property.
* All guests to be declared at time of booking including small children and babies. Absolutely no more than 4 adults in the property at any time, or 8 people in total including children and babies. This is a house rule we strictly adhere to. We have the right to ask any undeclared guests to vacate, to cancel the booking at late notice or to charge additional fees of $50/person per night as well as extra cleaning costs, depending on what is agreed between host and guest.
* For your own personal hygiene and those of our guests, please bring your own fitted sheets and any other bedding you normally use (pillows, doona, etc) for EACH bed that is slept on, including the kids bunk beds. Past guests have just brought a sleeping bag and slept directly on the mattresses and mattress covers. This is not acceptable. Should you forget your sheets, please use the spares provided (top cupboard main bedroom) which will be charged at $5 per sheet. Please remove linen at the end of your stay and leave on top of washing machine.
* All rubbish to be removed and dishes to be left clean, unpacked from dishwasher and put away on departure.
* Kids Retreat - The bunk room is for sleeping only. A bed is not a playground. Unfortunately, our experience has been that previous guests have not reinforced this with their children resulting in damage and dirty handprints and even footprints to both walls and ceiling in the bunk room. Because of the amount of times this has happened, I have been forced to add this note to the house rules. Should excessive cleaning or repainting of walls and ceiling be required in the bunk room, you will be charged extra fees. Please keep our white walls white and free from marks.
* a great new playground has been built and certified soft fall sand has been installed underneath. However, please ensure that no sand comes in the house and if any does sneak it, please fully remove/vacuum all sand from in between floorboards, couches, beds, etc. before departure.
* Flexible check-in/check-out times. Please however check with us prior to your stay as we sometimes have back to back bookings and need 3 hours between guests to clean.
NOTE: Variances can be agreed on but only by prior arrangement with the owner in writing.