Comfortable 2 bedroom apt, centrally located between 2 subway lines (A & C, as well as, the 3 & 4 lines) and very close to the city. Private room comfortably fits 2-3 persons (2 beds) and located on a quiet street in an up-and-coming neighborhood.
The space features 2 bedrooms, side-by-side; an open layout of the living room and kitchen with large front windows that lets in lots of natural light. The apartment is on the 1st floor of a 3-apartment/floor townhouse. It also has backyard access for mini-bbq and sun bathing. There is a large studio space in the basement with Samsung washer and dryer appliances. It is not a part of the accommodations. However, for a small fee guests can have their clothing washed-dried-folded.
* 1 Bedroom, 1 bathroom/shared in a large 2-bedroom apartment on quiet street!
* Centrally located between 2 subway lines...A or C Train Subway Lines [on Fulton - 8 minute walk] or the 3 or 4 Train Subway Lines [on Eastern Parkway - 6 minute walk]
* Street parking is FREE and easy to obtain
* Central Air throughout entire apt
* FREE Wi-Fi - High Speed Wireless Internet
* Clean linens and towels for each guest
* Fully functional kitchen with major & counter-top appliances
* BOSE wave radio with AUX connection to iphone - ipod - ipad
* A fully functional Dishwasher equipped with Finish tablets and rinse aid!
* Washer & Dryer w/ ALL & Downey Detergent - - The washer & dryer are located in a studio space beneath the apartment. I provide wash-dry-fold services for a small fee. Guests are not allowed to run the washer & dryer.
* One bedroom has a Queen-sized bed & frame; and the other bedroom has a full-sized day bed with a hidden twin-sized trundle, underneath
* Large 93" Lounger couch can sleep one (larger than a Twin Mattress)
* Queen sized Air Mattress can be set up in the living room to accommodate more guests upon request*** MUST MAKE REQUEST WHEN RESERVATION IS MADE
The kitchen will be stocked with dry goods (i.e. rice, bread, oatmeal, pasta, etc.) and some continental breakfast fixings (eggs, milk, etc.). If there is anything in the fridge, it is open to guests for cooking & consumption.
The space features 2 bedrooms, side-by-side; an open layout of the living room and kitchen with large front windows that let in lots of natural light. The apartment on the 1st floor of a 4-floor town house. It also has backyard access for mini-bbq. and sun bathing. There is a large studio space/efficiency in the basement with Samsung washer and dryer appliances. It is not a part of the accommodations. However, for a small fee guests can have their clothing washed-dried-folded.
I can either steer clear of guests or be present as needed. It's completely up to the guests.
The B15 JFK airport bus stops around the corner from my home and A train (On Utica & Fulton) connects directly to air train, to airport. This bus is the cost of one metro card fare: $2.75 per person. There is also taxi service available from all airports.
Also, available from the airport is uberPOOL (shared ride) & uberX (private car). Guest may use my code [rubym2665ue] to receive up to $20 off their first UBER ride. That means your transportation from JFK airport could be free or under $20. This can vary based on arrival times and number in party (i.e. more than 4 people). I'm happy to answer any questions about the usage of this transport.
I am a world traveler who prefers BnBs over resorts. I love the coziness of staying at someone's home. The food is almost always better and I get the sense that I am experiencing the city, as a local would.
I presently work for Public TV (PBS) raising funds and managing direct mail campaigns. Airbnb has enabled me to keep our home and do the best for my daughter, who now attends Loyola University.