TICINESESEI is a 90sqm apartment in the heart of Ticinese quarter, close to Duomo, Navigli, Tortona areas. Originally a tailor workshop recently restored by an architect with a rationalist style. High standards for the demanding traveller.
This space was originally a tailor workshop, from the beginning of 1900 (age of the building) and it has been recently restored by an architect with a rationalist style and an eye for pure volumes.
The main entrance is at the ground floor in a private courtyard full of natural light. The flat is actually placed among two private courtyards, so it's extremely quiet at any time of day and night, while outside in the streets Ticinese Movida is bustling.
I have decorated TICINESESEI with Italian design lighting (by Danese, Artemide..), design and vintage furniture (from 50's and 70's, Europe) but without overfilling the space as I like pure lines and it's also more hygienic :-)
How it is today: a semi-open loft-style space over three floors linked by a concrete spiral staircase.
- Ground floor: living room with sofabed, LCD TV screen (Satellite TV channels), dvd player with selection of dvds and audiosystem with iPhone/other phones cable, large fully equiped kitchen (oven, fridge, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, Nespresso machine with caps collection) with a big table, lavatory with sink and washing machine, storage room.
- Mezzanine: master bedroom (king size bed 170 cm large, spring mattress plus soft topper) with walk-in closet, wardrobe and possibility to totally blind the windows, master bathroom with walk-in shower and whirlpool tub.
- Basement: single bedroom (90x200cm Muji bed) with open wardrobe, bed table, chairs.
The house comes with a detailled House Manual, all linen are provided (bed sheets and 3 towels per person, changed depending on the lenght of the stay), fully equiped kitchen, advanced techno appliances (aircon, alarm system, safe, dvd player, LCD TV, Sky TV channels, sound system, whirlpool, electric window blinding, espresso machine), yoga mat.
Daily cleaning can be provided upon request and at an additional fee (can be done between 3:30pm and 6:30pm).
For guests staying more than three nights a complimentary cleaning is offered every three days.
Guests have access to the whole house.
You can choose among the king size bed in the master bedroom, the single bed in the single bedroom and the sofa bed in the living room.
At guests' disposal:
- kitchen: organic extra virgin oil, organic balsamic vinegar, mild soya souce, salt and pepper, salt for pasta water, brown sugar, some drinks, some breakfast items.
- storage room: iron, iron table, two drying racks.
- master bathroom: hairdryer, toilet paper, liquid hand soap, shower gel, body cream, whirlpool thalasso salts, nail polish remover, cotton pads, shampoo and conditioner.
- ground floor lavatory: washing machine with all laundry products.
I will take care of all email exchange and most of calls. In half of cases I will take care of check-in and check-out. For the rest I have a trusted collaborator, Christina, who speaks good English and Italian, who will be there if Im not in town.
- Due to its architectural features TICINESESEI is more suitable for couples, singles or three/four friends sharing, while it’s not recommended for children under age of 12.
- If you book more than three nights a complimentary mid-week cleaning will be done by the housekeeper Christina in the afternoon at a time convenient for you.
- Check-in is from 3pm to 9pm, check-out is before 13:00, but if there are no other guests check-in the same day you can stay in the afternoon.
- Normally me or Christina will collect keys at check-out, but in certain cases, when we are not available or you leave very early in the morning, I will kindly ask you to leave the keys on the bookcase at the entrance while leaving the apartment (be careful not to forget any personal belonging inside as once the door is (URL HIDDEN) closed! so better double check)
- No smoking in the whole house. Smokers can use the private courtyard just outside the house entrance door.
- No pets allowed.
- No children under age of 12.
- Respect of neightbours, no noisy parties please.
- Please don't use the products/food inside the storage room but only what has been prepared for you in the kitchen and fridge.
- Please wash dishes before leaving at check out (you can use the dishwasher or the hand dishwash available)
- Please don't leave wet towels around at check-out but put it in the bathrooms basin/bathtube/bidet.
- Please respect garbage recycling by using the different boxes.
- Please take the 'food/humid' garbage out in the courtyard brown dedicated box before leaving at check-out (the rest it's ok, we'll take care of it)
- Please don't move the furniture around or from one floor to the other.
- Respect of house design/vintage furniture and appliances. For any problems please read house manual or contact me.
- One pair of keys given at check-in. In case keys are lost an extra cost of 250,00€ will be applied to change the door lock.
- Standard check-in time is 3:00 to 9:00pm, special needs can be met according to the calendar, while late night check-in will be charged of an additional fee. Standard check-out time is by 12:00, again special requests can be filled if the calendar allows it.
architect, brand strategist, writer, yogini.
I'm a demanding traveller so I'm trying to manage TICINESESEI with my standards in mind. I believe that a super nice surface - which I appreciate :-) - has to come with a super comfy content.