A heavenly bed, enormous TV, and kitschy decor are there for your comfort and amusement when you book this spacious, quiet room
IMPORTANT: My place is far from La Jolla
*4 Guests max (2 on bed, 2 on airbed that you provide)***
*Private room in residential home
*On-street parking in front of house
*Downtown: During Comic-Con, one hour by public transport, 2 hours by car; otherwise, one hour by public transport, 10 minutes by car
*Washer/dryer, kitchen privileges
STILL UNDECIDED? READ ON!
Built in 1951, this modest pet-free, smoke-free home boasts an 11x18 foot bedroom that features wood paneling, a comfortable queen-size memory foam bed (with room for your own additional queen-size airbed, if needed) replete with Egyptian cotton sheets, a sliding glass door that opens onto patio seating, a massive 55" large-screen HDTV with a Roku (that has Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, YouTube, plus many other channels) and DVD player. WiFi is strong and is the highest consumer speed available.
The room has throw-back-to-the-70s wood paneling. Comic-con goers appreciate the Star Wars, Borderlands, and Clash of Clans figures. Play the guitar in the room or, if videogames are more your thing, play the Xbox.
You will also have access to an on-site washer/dryer and a large kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, Keurig, and other small appliances. The house has no central heating or air-conditioning but the space heater keeps the room toasty warm in winter and the ceiling fan helps to keep it cooler in summer. There is an air conditioner unit in the living room. Bathroom is shared with host.
Street parking is plentiful. Grocery store, Mexican food takeout (a San Diego staple), convenience store, and public transportation are within five minute walking distance. Just a few minutes away from San Diego State University by bus or car, and a ten minute drive from downtown San Diego.
Per Airbnb guidelines, I hereby state that this is a shared space and I am very allergic to furred animals.
***NOTE: My house cannot accommodate more than 4 guests at a time. So if the other room is rented by a couple, the capacity of this room is two, max.
Is this your first Airbnb booking? Use this referral link and we both gain!
Interested in becoming an Airbnb host? Use this referral link and we both gain! www.airbnb.com/c/acarrington
*$400 damage deposit, returnable upon a satisfactory checkout inspection, is required.*
In addition to the room, the shared bathroom, and the air-conditioned livingroom, you will also have access to an on-site washer/dryer and a large kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, Keurig, etc.
All other areas are off limits, especially the backyard.
I live in the house, so we will cross paths. I love to help out my guests when needed and enjoy a good conversation, but can also keep to myself. Everyone has their own way and I respect that.
Se habla español
1) Only the person who has booked the listing may enter the house. Be prepared to show photo ID
2) Lost key will incur a $75 charge due to having to replace/rekey the entrance to my home.
3) Due to checkout abuse and the need to ready the room for the next guest, my checkout time is firmly at 11:00 am. Late checkout will incur another night's charge via AirBnB.
4) Absolutely no recreational drugs or smoking anywhere on my property, inside or out. Please walk down the block to smoke tobacco. E-cigarettes outside are okay, on the front porch, but never inside the house.
5) Light drinking okay (e.g. a glass of wine, a can of beer). Please do not become intoxicated while staying with me. I am not comfortable with it at all
6) No animals of any kind. I am very allergic.
7) If you turn it on, you turn it off; if you open it, you close it; if you dirty it, you clean it
8) A closed door means someone is inside (e.g. the bathroom) or it means do not go in, so please only close the bathroom door if you are inside the bathroom.
9) Please lower TV volume, avoid loud voices after 10 p.m.
10) No dirty dishes in room or kitchen (eating there is fine, but clean up immediately, please)
11) Please save energy by turning off the lights and heater/fan or any other electrical appliances when you leave the house