• FROM JUNE THROUGH SEPTEMBER:
7 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY (CHANGEOVER FRIDAY)
In the heart of Looe’s ancient centre with its sandy beach, renowned Banjo Pier, harbour, pubs, restaurants, fish market, and all amenities. And just a 3 minute walk to Cornwall's South West Coast Path with breathtaking scenery, beautiful beaches, cliffs, coves and villages. Perfect location from which to visit the Eden Centre, various National Trust houses and gardens plus all Cornwall has to offer!
HOUSE RULES & SAFETY NOTES
The Boathouse is our home, we ask that you treat it with respect, taking care to leave it in the condition in which you would hope to find it. For everyone's safety, comfort and enjoyment please take time to read and abide by these following house rules and safety notes. Thank you!
• Check-In 16:00 Check-Out 10:00
• The cleaning fee covers our basic cleaning and laundry costs only. Please leave the cottage in a neat and tidy condition, wash, dry and put away all dishes, glasses, cookware etc.
• No Smoking! Evidence of smoking or damage from cigarettes will result in a 100% deposit forfeit.
• Please report any damage or breakages before checking out.
• No naked flames, candles, tea lights etc.
• No pets.
• There is a fire extinguisher and fire blanket near the exit, underneath the television.
• Please read IN CASE OF FIRE which you will find by the main door.
• The Boathouse's towels and bath robes are not to be used for the beach.
• Do not sit on the furniture in swim wear, especially after using san tan oil.
• Never feed the seagulls or encourage them towards the cottage. They can become quite vicious, are harmful, and make a dreadful mess.
• Please eject DVDs from the player and return them to their protective cases after use.
• Many of the games contain counters, dice, figures, etc. We ask that you please take great care of the game pieces, and ensure everything is placed safely and correctly back in the appropriate box so that other guests can enjoy them without disappointment.
• Close and lock the windows, and turn the radiators off when leaving the house and when checking out.
• Please use the heating conscientiously, and help us keep our costs - and our tariffs - down.
• Always leave the door key in the lock when inside the cottage. This way you will not need to search for the key in the unlikely case of an emergency requiring a fast exit.
• Always leave the key in the Key-Safe when going out. We may need access in an emergency, and you do not want to lose it!!
I am originally from south east Cornwall where our cottages are situated and currently based in Berlin, Germany since 1995, but miss Cornwall's beautiful rolling green hills, cliffs, beaches, warm climate, humour, friendliness, great seafood, friends and family. Can't be there all the time due to work commitments so, with the help of my brother Derek and our great local team in Cornwall, we have been letting out three cottages Trengrove, Trevenna and The Boathouse since 2013. Here's a link to all our three listings at Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=7863643
We are constantly making improvements and upgrading. We have installed a new central heating and hot water system throughout both Trengrove and Trevenna, as well as multi-fuel stoves (for logs and coal) in both cottages, creating a cosy cottage atmosphere, especially for winter evenings by the fire!
Trengrove has been completely redecorated including a new ensuite in one of the double bedrooms, a remodelled modern family bathroom downstairs, new furniture and kitchen appliances, and HDTVs with DVD/radio in all the bedrooms. As well us USB charging sockets for your phones, iPads, etc next to the beds! We have also had locally hand made, iroko wood, double glazed, sash windows and a matching front door installed.
Trevenna had a full renovation in 2015; bespoke fitted kitchen, with all new appliances, remodelled bedroom with locally handmade furniture and king size bed, a contemporary ensuite bathroom, complete new lighting, HD TVs with DVD/radio in the sitting room and bedroom, new flooring throughout the whole cottage, as well as power points with USB chargers! Trevenna’s also recently been fitted (April 2017) with new double glazed sash windows, french doors and a stable door to the garden from the bedroom, all also handmade locally from iroko wood.
The Boathouse was completely redecorated in 2015 too, including the addition of a new sofa with matching footstool and cushions, extra shelving in the kitchen and bathroom, new coffee table and rug, and in response to our guests’ requests a microwave oven.
We love our cottages, Trengrove's and Trevenna's peaceful seclusion in the hamlet, the gardens, and idyllic location. And the contrast of The Boathouse being in the bustling heart of ancient Looe with the beach, pier, harbour, fishing quay, restaurants, pubs and amenities a minute’s stroll from the front door.
When we can't be there we're delighted to know our guests are enjoying the cottages. It's a lot of fun being a host, I really enjoy the contact with all our guests, answering their questions, passing on local tips and chatting. Everyone has been great, we've had visitors from all over the world, and I never imagined hosting could be so enjoyable. And they have given us lots of useful feedback and fantastically positive reviews; Thank you all!
We hope you, your friends, partners and families also come to love Trengrove, Trevenna and The Boathouse as much as we do. Here's a link to all three listings at Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=7863643
Thanks for taking the time to read this!