Nestling in a wooded river valley below Bodmin Moor in a peaceful hamlet 1 mile from the village of St. Neot, Swallows Barn is a detached former barn and carthouse set in generous gardens with far reaching views and river-side & moorland walks. The living area is double height with a spiral staircase leading to a viewing gallery. The property has gas central heating and a wood burning stove. The kitchen is well equipped. All bedlinen and towels are provided.
Swallows Barn retains the unique features of its origins as a working barn and cart house with its double height space, wood and slate floors and iron spiral staircase.
It is spacious yet cosy and will make you feel 'at home'.
Guests will have access to the entire house and surrounding garden. They can use the table tennis and trampoline but have to be responsible to their own safety.
Our representative, Mike Dobbie who lives down the lane at Treverbyn Smithy will be available to guests if requested.
A folding travel cot for babies and baby bath are available
- Use of grand piano is by prior permission.
- We hope you find Swallows Barn clean and tidy and we would be grateful if you could leave it clean and tidy.
- We have installed external lights to the front courtyard steps that can be switched on at the gate post. These and the garden lights can be switched on and off from the Utility area by the kitchen.
- Front entrance gates should be kept closed to deter dogs.
- Please keep to the mown paths in the meadow. You are welcome to use the table tennis, trampoline and garden swing, at your own risk.
- Please respect the privacy and peace of our neighbours.