A comfortable, well-appointed room in a quiet house in South Philly's up-and-coming Newbold neighborhood. Less than 10 minutes walk to Passyunk Ave shops & restaurant row, quick transit to downtown Philadelphia, universities and stadiums. Keypad access!
You'll be in a diverse and walkable neighborhood, convenient to many points of interest, just over two blocks from the subway with quick transit downtown and to universities (Temple, Penn, Drexel) and the stadiums. It's a great base for exploring Philadelphia.
Walk score: 92 (walker's paradise)
Transit score: 80 (excellent transit)
The two-story rowhouse is fully furnished, clean and comfortable. It is more than 100 years old, so expect some minor quirks! Your room is in the front, the large bedroom overlooking the street.
What you'll find:
• Keypad front-door entry with your own code (no keys needed)
• Your own bedroom, with: real bed (full-size, for two people), clock radio, bedside lamp, hair dryer, writing desk, plenty of storage, ceiling fan, SmartTV with digital channels + Netflix, Amazon Prime and more. Window AC in summer.
• Freshly laundered bedding and towels
• Fast wi-fi
See "Getting Around" for local parking info and more.
See "House Rules" for important booking info!
You'll also have access to:
• Bathroom (shared) with shower and tub; extra half-bath in basement.
• Kitchen (light cooking only), dishes, condiments; lots of ways to make coffee (supplied)
• Washer and dryer, iron and ironing board in basement
• Back patio with sitting area and gas grill
I and/or my friend Sean are living in the house and managing it. We'll make sure everything is set up, show you what you need to know and maybe chat a bit. We're both happy to give you advice about what's good to see and do in Philadelphia and how to get around, but mostly you're on your own!
Accessibility: There are four steps up to the front door. The bedrooms and the main bathroom are up one flight of stairs. The laundry and the secondary bathroom are down one flight of stairs.
Pricing and Booking:
• When to book: Not more than 2 weeks in advance for a 1-2 day stay, or 6-8 weeks in advance for a 1 week stay.
• We will try to accommodate last-minute guests but usually need at least one day's notice.
• We will reduce the extra fee for additional guests for stays over a week (this is not shown in the automatic calculation!)
• In number of guests, *every* person counts, of any age from 0 up. Sorry, no overnight visitors are permitted -- all guests must be included in the reservation.
• You must be verified to book. Please look under Edit Profile / Verification. Also fill out your profile fully, especially if you have no reviews yet.
• Please let us know your expected arrival and departure times. Early check-in and late check-out may be pre-arranged.
• Shoes off upstairs, if possible
• Clean up after yourself in shared areas (kitchen, bath, patio)
• Smoking outside only; the patio is sheltered.
• There is only one shower, so please make it short if others might be waiting.
• Please keep noise down and walk lightly, especially late at night.
• No illegal activities (of course).
If you have any questions or problems, or find anything missing or broken (or something breaks!), just let me know right away so I can solve the problem.
Details about the use of the house are in the "welcome guide" which you will be able to access after you book.
I'm a filmmaker and consultant who travels a lot, but Philadelphia is my home base. I've lived in and visited many different places in the US and abroad and hosted travelers many, many times. Good experiences, as host or guest, start with good communications and end with expectations that are fully met.
As a host, I try to make sure that my place offers everything that I've wished for as a traveler -- both the basics and the details. I hope it contributes to your enjoyment of your visit to Philadelphia.