This comfortable, elegant log mountain home features hardwood floors, log interior and superior furnishings. Listen to the babbling brooks that run through the property; cook up a gourmet meal, and dine in the spacious dining room.
Here's a place to truly "Get Away From It All." Surrounded by rustic elegance in the Rocky Mountains, no wifi to make sure you relax. This Deluxe Mountain Retreat offers all the comforts of home plus tremendous views of the Valley of the Sun with 3 of Colorado's finest 14'ers in your backyard. ??Located in the Placer Valley, it is a quick and easy drive over Hoosier Pass to Breckenridge home of WORLD CLASS SKIING, hiking, biking, shopping, dining and more! Built in 1996, this large, 3000 square feet, four bedroom, four bathroom (3 full and one 1/2 bath). It also offers many unique luxury features! ??This "log home" is comfortably elegant, it features hardwood floors, Vaulted ceilings, and is tastefully decorated. In the master bedroom you will find a unique, hand-carved, king-size Aspen log bed. The second bedroom also has a king bed, bedrooms 3 and 4 both have 2 queen beds each. The ambience is incredible and will make for a cozy get away any time of the year. From the master bedroom, you can hear the babbling brooks that run through the property. Curl up in the living room in front of the wood burning stove, relax, enjoy the view, watch a movie or take a nap. You and your family can enjoy a game of pool or ping pong in the downstairs den, where the wall art features a fly fishing motif and WWI skis. After a day of skiing, hiking, fishing, sightseeing or shopping, you can prepare dinner in the fully equipped kitchen, or grill out on the deck. At days end, relax and enjoy the 5 person hot tub located on the lower deck. Outside, you will find a 1000 sq/ft deck area with almost 360 degree views of forested mountains and valleys.
A FISHERMAN'S PARADISE - Spreading out below are the famous ponds and GOLD MEDAL FISHING WATERS of the South Platte River. Nearby are some excellent hiking and cross-country skiing trails in the National Forest.??Montgomery Lake Reservoir is only a 1/2 mile away. Fair play and Alma offer restaurants and video rentals only two to six miles away, while the rest of Summit County skiing and area attractions are only 15-30 minutes from your quiet private doorstep.
The outside of this property is breath-taking. It has a large deck with patio furniture and a private hot tub. There is also a stream running right by the home and deck. The property is heavily wooded and private but yet just 15 minutes from Breckenridge. The views are magnificent overlooking many of the 14'ers in the area and the valley below. Montgomery Reservoir is right down the road (less than 1 mile) with fishing, hiking, 4-wheeling, ice climbing and snow-shoeing. The access to Highway 9 is easy and less than 5 minutes. The National Forest with miles of hiking trails, ghost towns, and old mines is very near the home with easy access from Montgomery Reservoir.
Every imaginable activity is within minutes of this home. It is located near National Forest trails, driving trails such as Horseshoe Auto Tour, 14'ers, and lots of lakes and rivers for fishing. If you like rafting, Buena Vista is only a short drive from the home. Breckenridge is about 30 minutes with all the activities of a world-class ski resort. Fairplay offers restaurants, shopping, South Park City (a restored mining town), antiques, and much more. Nearby ski resorts include, Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Copper Mountain, and Monarch. All are within 45 minutes to 1.5 hours form the cabin. Breckenridge is 30 minutes away.
If you are a ghost town or mining town explorer, you are in the right place. Boreas Pass, Guanella Pass, and Mosquito Pass offer some of the best 4-wheel drive trails and ghost towns in Colorado. Buena Vista, just 45 minutes away is the rafting center of Colorado. If gambling is your hobby, Central City is just over Guanella Pass (about 1.5 hours away). Shopping - just name it. You have antique shops everywhere, outlet malls in Silverthorne, and if you want to go into Denver for shopping and museums, you are less than 2 hours away.
If you can imagine an activity, you can find it in Summit and Park County. They don't call it the "Park" without good reason.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 5-20 minutes of the home. Fairplay is known as the "Base Camp" of Colorado and it is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but also the seclusion and beauty that only a true mountain setting can offer.
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and a public river are a short drive away.
* HUNTING... Some of the best hunting areas in Colorado are located near the home.
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing(URL HIDDEN) snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 15 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 30 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 45 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 90 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 90 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 90 min. SE