Our quaint & cozy detached cottage is a private oasis in Ballard, a neighborhood just north of downtown Seattle. It comfortably sleeps 4 adults or a family of 5. Quiet yet within walking distance to restaurants, shops, bus lines, cafes and brew pubs.
Our cozy cottage is nestled in our quiet and serene backyard. It has a separate entrance, a main room with a gas fireplace and a curtained bedroom area and sitting area. The kitchen is equipped with stove, oven, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. There is an additional room for sleeping, watching movies or playing darts! It is ideal for singles, couples and families. Beds include a luxury queen, a full size pull-out sleeper, a twin bed and two spare twin mattresses. We designed the space for flexibility. Move furniture as needed to accommodate games, projects, entertaining, poker, slumber parties, or reading by the fire. We also have a washer/dryer, so it's great for long-term stays.
The cottage has its own entrance and is completely separate from the main house. Our driveway is reserved for your use for secure, convenient off-street parking for 1 or more cars. The backyard has a lovely, lighted trellis over a stone patio situated under a majestic Douglas fir tree. There is a small grill for cooking and table and chairs to seat up to 10 guests.
We are excited to meet our guests and help you discover the many splendors of our beautiful city. We will be in the main house if you need anything at all. Kelly works from home.
- 3/4 bath with skylight and marmoleum floor
- efficiency kitchen (complete with stove & oven, microwave, under counter fridge, toaster, coffee maker, coffee, tea, condiments, spices and all the dishes, pots, and pans you need on vacation!)
- queen-sized bed with luxury foam mattress (surrounded by ceiling to floor curtains for added privacy)
- gas fireplace for heat and ambience
- cork floor throughout
- eating / living room area
- couch/full size pull-out sleeper
- separate room with twin bed and two extra twin mattresses plus dart board, night light, games and movies.
- wifi, TV/DVD, and Roku (with Netflix etc.).
- guitar, picks, capo, song books
- clock radio with usb port for charging your phone (don't forget cable, or borrow one from us).
- iron and ironing board
- washer and dryer - high-efficiency front-loading
- access to outdoor patio and garden
- picnic basket, beach chairs, beach towels
- access to 4 bikes & helmets, basketball court, tennis racquets, balls, frisbees, and really anything else you might need.
No smoking and no pets. No overly loud noise late into night (we're in a neighborhood).
Minimum 2 nights.
My wife Bente and I have lived in Seattle for 25 years. We have 2 children who are now in college. I am a self-employed maze exhibit designer and Bente is a public school teacher. We love to travel, but we also love our home! Seattle is a beautiful place to live and to visit and we have always enjoyed sharing it with our guests.