Anne's home is very beautifully done up. A very inviting & relaxing space she has created. The sofa in the living room is super comfortable. We could chill there all day. All the lights in the house are dimmable, so we could create the perfect relaxing ambience per the mood.
She even had a bottle of local wine, madeleines & a bowl of fruit for our welcome, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
The private parking spot was a huge plus. Could comfortably park our Ford C-Max there.
There were a few things that leads me to not give it 5 stars:
1. For the patio door in the bedroom, there was a bed sheet hung over the curtain rod instead of real curtains. The bedsheet would fall off anytime you try to draw/undraw it. When I mentioned this to Anne, her reply was a terse - "no one else has complained before, please use the shutters". I particularly didn't like that. Why should I care if no one has complained or not before. The shutters were difficult to use each time and not to mention, there were lizards on the wall outside which I risked entering the home each time I opened the patio door.
2. The trash cans throughout the house weren't lined.
3. We confirmed over email if she had body wash & shampoo, but still none were provided despite requesting once I arrived.
4. The bed had a weird bump in the middle - something that Anne should fix/replace. But otherwise, if you're on your side only, the bed was comfy, but maybe a tad bit too soft.
5. There was a bad sewer smell in the bath when we arrived, which after mentioning to Jan, we found out that the drain lock mechanism hadn't been shut properly by the cleaners.
6. One other thing to note is that there's no noise separation between the bedroom upstairs and the kitchen/living room. So if you have a baby sleeping upstairs, you have to be quiet downstairs. Not a problem for people without babies.
7. Also, though Anne did mention the stairs a very steep. But they aren't just steep, but the steps are very shallow too.. as in, your entire foot doesn't fit in - so while coming down, you have to be extra extra careful, specially if you're moving your luggage up & down.
However, all in all, aside from these hiccups, I did like Anne's place. I just hoped her response to #1 wasn't as curt.