Best view from a house, ever. 1800 square ft of clean, comfy romance. LARGE deck for summer, wood stove for winter. Safe Space. 1 mile from Ned, 20 miles from Boulder. All-wood outdoor hot tub, Trampoline, Movie Room, full kitchen. Hammocks and massage chair. :)
UPSTAIRS has open-floor plan that looks out on a panoramic view of the Continental Divide - this is what I refer to as the 'best view from a house, ever'. Kitchen, wood floor, telescope, and hammock in this upstairs 'great' room.
Very large deck is connected to this space.
Kitchen is fully stocked with everything, including condiments, spices, etc you are invited to use.
Stereo works from your computer or phone, with speakers inside and out on the deck.
Master bedroom is also on this floor with king size bed and great divide view.
The big deck has an all wooden, deep vertical hot tub. The trampoline is at deck level with the deck and divide in front of you. Hammocks, and a grill too. (hammocks and grill are not really winter things)
From the deck, along with the continental divide, you can also see Barker Reservoir, and downtown Nederland (1 mile away with many restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops).
DOWNSTAIRS has two private bedrooms, and another 'bedroom' in an open space. Wood Stove, Large TV with DISH cable, Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and DVD/Blue-ray player. Also, massage chair, work out & yoga equipment. It's clean, warm, carpeted. Washer and Dryer too.
You are renting the whole house, so you get the whole house!
FYI - I have a separate 'private room' listing that is less expensive, if you don't mind me coming and going, and staying in the master bedroom upstairs, you would get the entire downstairs to yourselves, and access to upstairs living room, kitchen, and deck (with trampoline and hot tub). That listing is currently titled "Entire Downstairs in a special house" https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1789316
You are renting the whole house, so I won't be here, but I or my Co-Host stay in touch by text, to make sure everything is going smoothly and you are finding everything you need.
Check in and Check out time can be Flexible, just ask.
Verizon and AT&T have good service in Nederland. T-Mobile and Sprint, not so much.
Local massage business cards on dining table.
There is lot's of info about hiking, biking, and local businesses at the house. Upstairs above stereo is a whole shelf of hiking/biking and other local guide books.
Hikes: (You can ignore this below and check out the green booklet at the house - much better!)
1) Walk along the res. You could start in town from the covered bridge, walk through the park, past the skate park, through the parking lot that is across from the post office, walk along the North edge of the reservoir. OR YOU COULD JUST START ACROSS FROM THE POST OFFICE (easy-peasy) As much as an hour out and back, probably less. really pretty.
2) Mud Lake head out toward the elementary school, there is a series of trails, made by the folks at Wild Bear Nature Center (next to the Carousel) A little longer, in the woods, but not too far from town, and not much elevation gain.
3) Hesse Trailhead, in the Indian Peaks Wilderness - Follow Eldora road until you can go no further, get out of the car and keep walking. This is the real deal. You may walk in snow at some point, except summer. Many ways to go. World class hiking. Try Lost Lake first.
• DO NOT feed animals. DO NOT leave food or trash outside.
• No smoking, no pets, no shoes (good smoking space outside house)
• Check-In time is 4pm, Check-Out time is 11am- Sometimes we can be flexible- Please ask :)
• Be sure to bring a car suitable for the season!
• Be nice. Make yourselves comfortable.
I use both hosting and traveling on Airbnb, and I am sold - I love it!
Here in Colorado where I live, I like to stay active by hiking and biking and generally taking advantage of sunny Colorado.
My daughter Kari helps me manage our two houses in Nederland, so if you are staying at one of them, you may hear from her. (lucky you. :))
I am a recording artist, with 8 CDs on various labels released over the past 20 years.
I enjoy meeting folks from everywhere in the world, both when I travel, and when folks come here looking for (continental) divide intervention and an altitude adjustment. :)
Favorite Movie: Princess Bride
Favorite Book: Our Mathematical Universe
Favorite Place: Nederland, Colorado