A cozy A-frame nestled in the Ausable River valley of the Adirondack Mountains. Jay, NY is famous for its Old Covered Bridge and the Jay Rapids. The cabin is a short drive from Whiteface Mountain (~12 min) and Lake Placid (~25min).
No smoking in the house.
Quiet time after 10:00 PM.
No smoking indoors. If you must, please smoke on the stone driveway and take care of your butts responsibly in the trash.
No groups of people under 21 years of age will be allowed; they must be members of a family and/or accompanied by adults.
The ‘to do’ list before you leave “The A at Jay”:
1. Double-check all drawers and closets for your personal items.
2. Strip the beds and put linens on the bedroom floor so we know what beds were used and need to be cleaned. Please put used towels in the laundry baskets in the basement.
3. Remove any trash from all garbage cans and take garbage to the outdoor trash can by the back door.
4. Leave all thermostats at 50 degrees.
5. Turn off the hot water tank to vacation/cabin mode (setting 4)
6. Turn off all lights and appliances, and make sure the BBQ tank valve is OFF.
7. Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
8. Remove any opened perishable food from the fridge or cupboards
9. Ensure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
10. Replace any furniture that was moved.
11. Place keys in lock box by the back door and scramble the code.
We offer a clean and tidy rental for you to make your own during your stay, please respect it as your own. Thank you very much!
Take special care around the wood stove allowing only adults to deal with re-loading wood logs and keeping little ones away for their own safety!
We're happy to answer any questions. Contact phone numbers are in the welcome binder.
Enjoy the Adirondacks!