5 min. drive to Sugarbush Ski resort - Big mountain skiing in the Northeast.
My father built this amazing cabin over 50 years ago and I just renovated it from head to toe while preserving the great cabin feel!!
It sleeps 8 easily, with three bedrooms and 2 full baths (a King, Queen and Two Full beds). There's a full kitchen, washer and dryer, Large TV, A DVD library, Wireless Internet, dinning room and den and a nice wood burning fire place, designed for marshmallow madness.
Guaranteed the most quaint and charming vacation rental.
****Activities and Food****
- The two towns - 5 minutes from the house are Warren and Waitsefield.
- The Mehuron grocery store is a nice locally owned grocery. There is also a Shaws on the other side of the main street.
- Make sure you check out American Flatbread (pizza) - very quaint unique “earthen over” pizza experience.
For a quick bite, the tacos at Mad taco right by Mehurons are incredible - braised and smoked tacos.
- Other restaurants I like: the Hyde Away - delicious, also has nice bar and billiards.
- The Big Picture - good bar atmosphere and a movie theatre.
- The Local Folk Smokehouse. Live bands and Tex Mex
- The Powderhound Hostel - Live Bands and Pub
- The Peasant - fine dining.
- The common man - fine dining.
- The pitcher inn in warren - fine dining.
In the Valley you’ll find Skating in Waitsfield, tobogganing – Check out Mad River Rocket Sledding trails. Snowshoeing, cross country skiing – at Ole’s or Blueberry Lake, hot chocolate and waffle bar at the base of Sugarbush mountain, kids camps and "Adventure Zone" for kids:
And the Big Picture movie theatre:
-Check the fireplace flue before making a fire.
-Keep Mud room door closed at all times and remove shoes in the house.
-Do not touch electrical heat. There’s a central furnace dial to the right of the sliding glass doors.
-Sheets, towels and kitchen items are all supplied, and will be washed by us after you leave.
-If you’re using household bathroom supplies, please replenish or bring your own.
-Do not drink the alcohol unless you replenish.
-There is no smoking in the house and if smoke is detected, your security deposit will be withheld.
-There is a DVD library in the bottom of the bookshelf across from the kitchen.
-Wifi password is (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
-Keys can be obtained by Seth the caretaker upon arrival. His contact info will be available to you along with the driving directions in the Air Bnb "address" section upon booking.
-There is a $20 fee for losing the key or locking it inside the house.