House rental. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, hot tub
80-acre get-away, in southern Rocky Mountains, with spectacular views of the Sangre de Cristo. Relax in 7-person hot tub- enjoy the mountain views & stars at night. 2 night minimum.
Annual hot tub maintenance has been completed and tub is in tip top shape. :-)
Please visit our new listing - a "glamping" experience at Soaring Eagle Teepee. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1800872
80-acre get-away, nestled in the southern Rocky Mountains, with spectacular views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains from the living room and large deck.
Hike the property and enjoy the nature and wildlife. Relax in the hot tub and look at the stars. There is also a fire pit surrounded by adirondack chairs.
You will have very limited cell phone access so we provide a separate land-line with long distance included for the exclusive use of our guests.
The living room is a relaxing, sunny room with amazing views of the Sangre de Cristo mountains. There is Dish Network if you want to catch your favorite game; wi-fi to stay connected, phone with free long distance, puzzles, and games.
Caretaker's quarters are in separate lower level walkout with separate entrance so we are available to assist you, but offer you complete privacy.
Close to the Royal Gorge Bridge & Train, white water rafting, zip lines, 5 golf courses, horse back riding, mountain biking, wolf sanctuary, and Abbey Winery.
The kitchen is well stocked with everything you might find in your home. This includes a full-size refrigerator and stove/oven, large microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, drip and Keurig coffee makers, cookware and cooking utensils, knives, cutting board, baking dishes, baking sheets, mixer, as well as place settings. We also provide ground coffee, tea, cocoa and a lot of spices. Pantry items include salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, variety of sweeteners, salt, and flour.
The large deck and windows allow unbeatable views of the surrounding mountains. The main floor features a full kitchen with breakfast bar (seating for 4); the dining area has seating for 8. The home also offers a large deck with table and chairs so you can enjoy dining outdoors. The living room has floor to ceiling windows, fireplace, and TV viewing area. Near the front door is the laundry room with front-loading washer/dryer.
Soaring Eagle has beds for 8 people. The master BR off the living room contains a queen size bed, walk-in closet, shower, vanity, and toilet. Down the hall from the living room is a full/guest bath next to the second bedroom which also has a queen size bed. Stairs lead to the second floor which has a bedroom with 2 twin beds and a queen size futon. These loft bedroom shares main level full bath with double vanity, show/tub, and toilet. The loft also has an office and reading area.
Prohibited: recreational drugs including marijuana, drones, trespassing and use of other properties on the ranch, motorcycles, atv, utv, and firearms. Minimum age for all persons in rental party is 25 unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
Unlimited, private access to 7-person hot tub; Deck with patio furniture; 80-acre property. A maximum of eight people (of any age) are allowed. Everyone on the property must be a registered guest. Minimum age for all guests is 25 unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
We live in the separate walk out and are available for check-in, check-out, and to assist and advise at your request. We have a separate entrance and exit. What you will be renting is the main part of the house (2 floors) you see in the photographs. We do not enter the rented portion or use the hot tub or deck while we have guests so it is completely private. If we are gone we always leave you with our cell phone numbers so that you can contact us for anything that you need or have questions about.
The grill is electric.
There is a guest phone that is for your exclusive use. US Long Distance is included.
- There are ceiling fans in every room.
- There is extra toilet paper underneath each of the bathroom sinks.
- There is a Klipsch sound system behind the dining room table. It turns on with the power strip on the floor. It can be used with an iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
Things that are not permitted:
- We live in a remote, peaceful, quiet area where everyone values their privacy. For this reason drones and trespassing are strictly prohibited. A $200 fine will be assessed if either of these are reported to us by our neighbors.
- Use of recreational drugs, e.g. marijuana is not allowed.
- Firearms are not allowed.
- although the environment looks rugged (as well as beautiful) it is actually very fragile, for this reason we do not allow ATV use on the property.
- Latest check-out is 11am.
- Earliest check-in is 4pm.
- After the first 2 guests an additional charge of $30/person/night for each person, regardless of age must be paid in advance or other arrangements made directly with the owners. This fee covers additional amenities, utilities, cleaning, and laundry costs. A maximum of 8 guests total are allowed including children.
- Only registered guests are permitted on the property. No parties or events are permitted.
- Everyone in the rental party must be 25 years of age or older unless accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. If we are in doubt of age we check ID.
- No pets are allowed.
- If you cook anything that has a grease or oil residue please put that in the can marked “Grease” to the left of the stove.
- Regarding the septic system, please do not put anything down the garbage disposal that a person wouldn’t eat, e.g. egg shells, banana peels, etc. These items should go in the trash.
- Do not put anything in the toilets other than toilet paper, e.g. no tampons. Please wrap and place in the trash can in the bathroom.
- If you open the doors or windows please be sure the screens are in place. Mice, squirrels, and ground squirrels love to come in and start housekeeping. :-)
- If you leave the house for the day, please close the windows and turn off lights and fans.
- If you wish to use the fire pit, you can purchase and bring wood from Canon City. You agree to use the fire pit responsibly and douse the fire with water when you retire for the night. You agree to be responsible for any damages that may result from the fire you build. If we believe conditions are unsafe for a fire or if their is an offical fire ban or restriction you agree to not build a fire at our request.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house. If you smoke outside then please fill a can or plastic cup with water and use that for ashes and butts.
- When you use the hot tub, please do not use any oils, lotions, or soaps. If you do then we have to drain and scrub the hot tub. Only use plastic cups around or in the hot tub. Please tie down the hot tub cover after each use. We often have high, unexpected wind bursts and it will blow away the cover. These winds may fill the hot tub with dirt if you don't replace the cover. If we have to drain and scrub the hot tub for any of these reasons, we will withhold $100 from your deposit. No one under 14 is allowed in the hot tub without an adult present.
- Please use and stow the seat cushions back inside the house for the furniture on the deck. If you don’t bring them in when you are finished they may blow away which will result in a charge to your deposit.
- Please do not raise or lower the internal blinds on the windows.
- This setting is in the Rocky Mountains. Do not hike at night. Do not feed the animals.
- When you are ready to leave at the end of your visit please pick up and bag all trash and put it in the garage. Wash the dishes (dishwasher detergent is under the sink), strip the beds you have used and place the sheets, pillow cases, and towels on the floor beside the front door. We charge only a minimal cleaning fee. We will withhold an additional amount from the deposit appropriate to the situation if dish washer is not loaded, bed linens are not removed, and trash is not bagged and left in garage.
- Do not rearrange the furniture. Do not use the coffee table as a footstool.
Joyce: grew up in rural Kentucky on a dairy farm. Went to college at University of Louisville and ended up traveling the world as a computer consultant. :-) Speaks fluent English and Spanish and some French. Loves to play keyboard, garden, hike, golf, read, learn.
Michael: grew up in Virginia and is a graduate of USNA (Annapolis) and Univ. of Oregon. Speaks English and Spanish. World history buff, outdoor enthusiast.