We’re offering a comfortable, pet and kid-friendly, A-frame log cabin surrounded by 30 acres of pristine Appalachian woodland to explore and hike. We also have a 6 acre front yard complete with a 1 acre pond you are welcome to fish and relax by. After a long day enjoying all the rustic beauty and small town charm that Vermont has to offer, you can warm yourself by our pellet stove which heats both floors of our over 1,600 sq ft 4 bedroom, 2 full baths home (sleeps 8).
We have a ramp leading up to the house for easy access. We also have a crib, a high chair, and child gates for the second floor staircase if necessary. Small and large dogs are permitted. Wifi and HD TV with access to Hulu and Netflix are provided. In the mudroom/laundry room, you'll find a washer and dryer as well as heated floors, chairs, coat hooks, and boot racks to unload your winter gear on. During your stay, you will have access to a fully equipped kitchen with a stove and refrigerator, but you can also try out the various restaurants located in the area.
As our guests, you'll have the entire log cabin to yourself and your party.
As your hosts, we will be more than happy to answer any questions or listen to your suggestions. Please feel free to contact us via phone or email.
~ SEASONAL SUGGESTIONS ~
Vermont has many exciting locales and attractions available anytime of the year, but if you're not sure where to start, here are some of our personal recommendations!
FALL ~ Admire Vermont’s beautiful autumn colors, go apple picking, and hunt for the perfect pumpkin. To get some of the best views of Vermont's foliage, ride the Aerial Tram at the Jay Peak Ski Resort which is open year-round. Our personal favorite - sample the hot apple cider and cider donuts at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Waterbury!
WINTER ~ Snowshoe, snowmobile, and alpine or cross-country ski around the beautiful winter landscape. Our home is located about one mile from the VAST snowmobiling trail for easy access. The nearest ski resorts are Jay Peak and Burke Mountain. Don't forget to try our world-renowned maple syrup during local Sugar-on-Snow get-togethers, and be sure to dress warmly!
SPRING ~ Fly-fish Vermont’s rivers, go golfing, or hike the Green Mountain range. Fish for bass, trout, and sturgeon in Lake Memphremagog. We don't have so much a "spring" season as a mud season, so if you’re feeling adventurous, take an ATV and mudbog!
SUMMER ~ Swim, boat, and fish at Crystal Lake and Lake Willoughby. There are several blueberry and raspberry picking areas nearby as well. In Barton you can attend the Orleans County Fair which runs through mid-August. You can also beat the heat at Jay Peak Ski Resort's fully enclosed water park in Jay or visit the world famous Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory in Waterbury.
We hope you enjoy your stay!
- No Smoking inside the house. Smoking is permitted on the porch.
- No swimming, wading, or diving in the pond without adult supervision (the edge of the pond is very rocky).
- Pets are allowed, but will incur an additional one time flat fee of $100. Nonrefundable.
- Hunting is expressly forbidden on our property. Any violations of this rule will be prosecuted with the full extent of the law.
- Fishing in the pond is permitted, but we have a strict catch-and-release policy.
- If you would like to kayak, you must wear a life preserver. If you do not wear a life preserver, you are kayaking at your own risk.
- Supervise children playing on the swing sets, monkey bars, climbing net, etc. on the island. Children playing on the playground/around the island do so at their own risk.
- Do not sit or stand on the porch railing. Do not jump from the porch to the ground.
- If the house and/or furnishings are lost, damaged, or stolen, your security deposit will be forfeited and you may incur additional damages to cover complete costs of repair.
I'm recently retired from Federal Service ,66 year old married man with three children and four grand children.Retired from the Marine Corps. Traveled most of the East Coast and West Coast,Traveled to Alaska and HI. several times Traveled up and down the California coast.Love to do deep sea fishing and play golf. Love going to movies and plays. I'm a people person like to laugh and have a good time and joke around. Can't live without good food Travel a lot with my 19 year old daughter who graduates from Emerson Boston/LA with a four year degree.We are great buds together .I don't drink or smoke but still have a good time