Refurbished centrally heated three-storied villa of 180 sq.m. featuring a closed garage, separate 4 bed suite on the ground floor, living-room with fireplace and air-condition, master bedroom, large bathroom with washing machine, verandas, corridor & a spacious kitchen.
The three-storied villa was built during the mid 90′s on a lot of about 1,200 sq. m.; situated just a five-minute walk from the large Monolithos Beach and restaurants, Mini-Market etc, is considered one of the nicest in Santorini. The Santorini International Airport is just seven minutes away by car (1.2 Miles/1.8 Km).
The approx. 180 sq. m. villa was thoroughly repaired during the Spring of 2013 and again in 2015; applied a fresh white paint inside and out, repaired plumbing where needed, installed window screens, two air conditioner units (in the living room and master bedroom), ceiling fans in other bedrooms, new oven with ceramic range, new Whirlpool clothes washer & dish washer, an automatic plant watering system, solar water heater, serviced the central heating furnace, installed a new 32'' LCD TV in the Living Room, a 24" in the Master Bedroom plus another LCD TV tset in the Ground Floor suite, all cabled via a new roof-top antenna, Wi-Fi, cordless DECT phone etc.
At the same time, the interior fixtures and furniture were improved and a wall-to-wall shag carpet laid on the living room and master bedroom oak wooden floors. In the living room an arched fire-place will add warmth and atmosphere during the winter months.
The villa is ideally for use by a large family or for sharing by two families or a large group of friends.
We recommend that guests rent a car (most conveniently from the near-by airport upon arrival). Other options include ATV's or scooters.
With a car [all are air-conditioned], daily excursions throughout the magic island of Santorini are easy and comfortable.
Nevertheless, within a 5 min. walking distance, you can access the beach and a number of local fish (and other) restaurants or bars plus a convenience store (Mini-Market) in the Monolithos area.
The most convenient beach of Monolithos is located within walking distance from the Villa. If you have a family with small children, the Monolithos beach is your ideal destination. As a result of its shallow waters, big waves do not reach the beach. There is also an organized playground keeping kids busy until 7 o’clock in the evening. For teenagers or adults, there are beach volleyball and basketball courts, kiteboarding nearby as well as a soccer field.
Scenery: Spacious flat beach with dark-colored fine-grained sand and shallow waters, quiet and very well organized. Beach chairs are not too close one with another, so there is enough room for walking in between.
We can guide you before arrival, assist in making an itinerary of things to do, see, visit, experience on the island, etc.
In addition, a daily (or less frequent) maid service can be arranged at extra fee. Ditto for baby-sitting service.
A gardener is employed by us who looks after the garden on a weekly basis. An automated irrigation system is installed, so guests do not have to worry about watering the plants.
The Villa can be rented as a whole or separate (main house and 1st floor, accommodates six persons and/or the ground floor with its independent suite, accommodating four persons).
Please contact for special pricing according to your needs.
• We expect our guests to care about the Villa as if it was their own. The oak floors need to be respected from scratches.
• In case that more guests arrive than the number stated in the booking, this may be a reason for cancellation and for sure will incur additional charges. Hence Guests are encouraged to state the correct number of their party during booking in order to avoid complications and extra charges.
• Water is precious. TAP WATER is either from a well or desalination water from sea water. It cannot cause you any infection but it contains too much salt. It is advised to drink bottled mineral water. The Villa has its own large capacity cistern. It is refilled by calling the local water truck. Usually guests will not have to worry about the water level or supply. The gardener monitors this.
• Santorini has a problem with its sewage system. Used toilet paper and other waste should be thrown into the rubbish bins in the WC's, never into the toilet bowls. Help us keep the sewage system running!
• There is a Sun Panel on the roof for HOT water. Should hot water run out by heavy use, please pull up the ‘HOT WATER’ switch [RED light ON] on the electrical panel just outside the main bathroom. Wait for max 20 min then turn it OFF & you are ready to take a hot shower again!
• SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INDOORS. We encourage guests to smoke in the outside terraces and also not to leave full ashtrays inside the house. Please respect that our next guests may be non-smokers. Thank you!
• Your towels and sheets are to be used only in the Villa. Please do not take them to the beach. It requires double the amount of energy and washing powder to clean them of the salt water and sand.
• In case that additional services such as cleaning, washing, ironing services are required, please arrange directly with our associates.
• The €45,00 'cleaning fee' charged covers the cleaning and laundry, ironing services required after your departure. Additional services which guests may require will be discussed privately and their charges will be agreed on a per case basis.
• Please do not to leave on excessive or unnecessary lights at night when out of the house (energy sensitive).
• Ditto for the air-conditioners when away or while the doors and windows are open!
• There is a land telephone line with a cordless phone. The Wi-Fi router is connected to this ADSL connection. Nevertheless, guests will only be able to make local calls from this line but receive calls from anywhere.
• 3/4G coverage for mobile phones is quite good in the area. Hence usage of Guests smart phones inside and out of the house presents no problem.
• Pets are not allowed.
A House Manual/Guest Guidebook describing more details re the use of appliances & other tips is available upon request.
Thank you for reading this section and respecting our House Rules during your stay!
Retired businessman from the IT sector. Classic car collector and active as a Co-Founder of the Classic Car Center of Ex Board of Directors member of the Federation Hellenique des Vehicles Ancients and same for Greece's largest Antique Car Club-PHILPA.
Also President of the NGO 'Friends of Kea island Society'.
My personal Blog is this: