Escape to the Great Sacandaga Lake! Families and small corporate retreats welcome! Spacious, comfortable home with lots of perks such as direct access to lake and open views, use of boats, hot tub, pool table and much more! Simultaneously book beautiful lakefront house across the street to accommodate to larger groups! Close to Saratoga Springs.
Enjoy the views and everything that the Great Sacandaga Lake has to offer. May-end of October, recreate with use of kayak, canoe, rowboat, paddle boat. Water temperatures are usually conducive to swimming by mid-June until late September. Great year-round fishing here! Sea Doo and Malibu ski boat available May-end of September, unless owner is out-of-town and property is being managed by a co-host (please inquire). When available, book the Sea Doo at $25/day (available to those with PWC license) and/or book the motor boat boat at $100/hour with owner driving with your choice of tubing, skiing, or cruising around lake or to a lakeside restaurant. Price includes gas, all equipment and ski lessons. Book for 7 nights and get 2 free hours of boating! Mooring and dock available for guests' own boat. Beautiful stone patio with hot tub for 8, sun beds, cocktail table, Adirondack chairs and fire pit. Two Sonos speakers. Bar, gaming table, air hockey, full sized pool table. Large deck with extendable table for 10, long table and bench for additional seating, large day bed, hanging pod chair and grill. Small cottage with additional sleeping space - ideal for children! Bicycle or walk / run along Lakeside Drive with beautiful views. Only 45 minute drive to Saratoga Springs and an hour to Albany with hiking trails and river rafting in the Adirondacks close by. Equidistant to Canada, Boston, NYC. Available year-round, enjoy the gifts of each season: The brilliance of the fall foliage; Downhill- and X-Country skiing, sledding, ice fishing, skating / ice hockey, snow mobiling in the winter (ski resorts close by and great to jump in hot tub when you return from skiing!); The treasures of spring: besides chirping birds and budding trees, enjoy white water rafting in the Adirondacks, hiking and mountain biking...; Summer time can't be beat here with gorgeous fun-filled days and nights on the lake or at the track, spas or downtown restaurants and shopping in Saratoga Springs!
Please note that the house across the street is also a lovely Airbnb destination and the guests staying there will be crossing the yard to go down to the lake. The beach and dock are shared between the two Airbnb homes.
I will be close by to offer help at any time, give guests access to the Sea Doo and captain the ski boat. I will otherwise be absent so you may enjoy your stay without any interference. When traveling, I will have a co-host stand in for me to check you in and to be on stand-by, should you need assistance.
Bookings for 2018 will be booked at new rates: $800/night up to 10 people, $850/night for 11 people and $900/night for 12 people (12 person max). (2018 Rates include County Tax).
The house is located in an owner-occupied residential neighborhood. Outside quiet hours are 10:00 pm to ensure that neighbors are not disturbed at night (the exception being New Year's Eve, which will be 1:00 am). (Guests may remain outside as late as they'd like, as long as the noise level is kept at a level that won't disturb the neighbors past 10 pm). (See Rules).
Use of boats and swimming after sunset is strictly forbidden. All boaters (whether using canoe, paddle boat, rowboat, kayaks and Sea Doo, must wear life jackets at all times).
Limit one pet per group, with exceptions made for guide dogs. Not all breeds are welcome. Will be determined on a case by case basis.
Fulton County has implemented a 4% occupancy tax which Airbnb does not collect. I will need to collect this from you upon your arrival in cash or check made out to me, as I need to pay them a lump sum quarterly. The 4% is based on the gross amount paid to Airbnb, not the amount remaining after they deduct their fees. (2018 bookings will include this tax payment).
Liability waivers will need to be signed by all guests wishing to participate in any recreational activities, including swimming and all forms of boating.
Licenses are not necessary for use of non-motorized boats.
Guests who wish to fish will need a NYS license (can obtain online). Fishing poles, hooks / lures and net are provided but not live bait.
Please See Rules and House Manual for additional important information
1. Some pets NOT ALLOWED and only one pet per group (exceptions made for guide dogs). Please inquire with host. Please dispose of droppings properly (extra plastic bags in garage)
2. The home is located in a quiet residential setting. Therefore, there is a 10 p.m. outside noise curfew. (This is the same as at all New York State public campgrounds.)
3. Smoking is not allowed in the home. One may smoke outside, but please dispose of butts properly.
4. Damage and breakage - We open our home to you with attractive features and amenities, but our price does not include damage to the premises. If you break or damage anything on the premises, you should expect to be held financially responsible.
5. The house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. By accepting the reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. Liability waivers must be signed upon arrival.
6. Please keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Do not sit on leather furniture with wet or damp clothes or put wet / damp towels on furniture. Also, the white loveseat love seat in the living room may stain over time if people sit on it wearing dark blue jeans. Please avoid, if possible.
7. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Beach towels provided.
9. Propane Grill: Please use the grill only as intended. Do not use charcoal in the gas grill.
10. Water and Septic: Our house is on a well and septic system. The septic system is very effective with regular use. However, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. It also may back up if it is over-used by too many people at one time. Please use showers, toilets, washing machines, etc. sparingly when there are large parties staying at the house. Please keep water- and toilet paper usage to a minimum!
11. I offer a paddle boat, a kayak, a canoe, a rowboat and a sea doo for guests with a PWC license (must show license before use) - all available for guests to use at their own risk and upon signing a waiver. The use of life preservers is mandatory (provided). Do not use any other watercraft that may be at the beach unless it is your own (this includes the blue canoe and kayaks that are next door). A license is not necessary if using non-motorized boats. Please do not use neighbor's dock and swim platform.
12. Use of our boats and kayak is expressly prohibited one half hour after sunset and when- or after consuming alcohol. Please know your limits and exercise caution whenever boating. Same rule applies to swimming! (See #20 below)
13. The little island closest to the house is owned by the Mayfield Yacht Club and is for use by members only.
14. Please check out by 10:00 am, unless special arrangements have been made to stay on longer. (A later check out is usually possible when guests clean / dry all of the bed linen and towels before checking out)
15. Fire wood for the fire pit on the patio is provided but if guests run low, they can purchase more at a local store or from any number of local residents who sell fire wood along the road. Please use the fire pit where it is situated (do not move it closer to the house and/or under the deck). Do not use if it is windy, as the embers could blow towards the guests and the house and catch something on fire. For a quick replenishment of S'mores supplies, guests can shop at Stewart's Shop in Mayfield. Homemade S'mores sticks are provided.
16. DO NOT use wood stove in the house (located in basement)
17. Until the patio is sealed, please use caution when drinking red wine or eating tomato sauce or other foods / drinks, as they can stain.
18. Please do not leave candles outside (on patio and/or deck) or inside, unattended.
19. Please shower before use of hot tub. Residual detergent in bathing suits, lotions and oils, and even natural body oil, grease, sweat and dead skin can make the water dirty. Please remember to turn off the spa lights and the 'jets 2' setting and keep the top on the hot tub when not in use. Also, please remember to turn off the overhead lights (which are on a dimmer switch for a nice ambiance). Guests who wish to increase the temperature are asked to kindly reduce it to 100 degrees again after use. I will maintain the hot tub every 3 or 4 days (I will contact weekly guests before stopping over).
20. Guests are reminded to use precaution when swimming. If guests wish to dive off of the dock, they must first take note of the depth of the water and dive accordingly. Guests should either surface dive or jump in, to be on the safe side. Water levels fluctuate and are quite low at the end of summer - No Diving in late summer! Please, no swimming in the dark, as the shore line is not lit up, is rocky and slippery and can be quite dangerous. Do NOT swim while- and/or after consuming alcohol.
21. Please provide copy of photo ID upon arrival