Beautiful, secluded mountain home at the base of Mt. Elbert! Located 10 miles south of Leadville and perched above Twin Lakes, our vacation "cabin" is the perfect retreat. Location offers fabulous access to Mt. Elbert, Buena Vista, Leadville and Aspen. Tons of recreation out the front door. 2 bdrm + 2 bath w/ a cozy loft and lounge area. Sleeps 4 in rooms and 2 more on twin beds in loft. Kitchen is stocked with essentials minus a dishwasher. * NOTE: no Wi-Fi or cable (it's a place to unplug!) *
Location, location, location! Can't be beat if you want to explore all the beauty and recreation in the Sawatch and Collegiate Peaks mountain ranges. Some of the best hiking, mountain biking, trail running, fishing and rafting is literally out the door. House has a great floor plan with loft and sits on a secluded nearly half acre of property. ** Brand new queen mattress and pillow topper in the east bedroom! **
The Leadville 100 MTB and Run courses are easily accessed from the house. I completed the 2015 LT 100 MTB and spent many hours training on the course by riding from the front door. Twin Lakes and the climb up Columbine are a great ride to the south and Pipeline and the climb up Powerline are a great ride to the north. I'll also frequently ride my road bike from the house up and over Independence Pass to Aspen where I'll meet the family in town to enjoy our favorite spots (thankfully, they give me a ride home!)
The house is ideal to help unwind after a full day exploring the high country. Bring food home or cook in the kitchen. Enjoy some cold beverages. Relax in the loft and watch a DVD or lay on the lounge sofa and read a book. Best of all, soak up the beautiful views from all the windows and cherish the peace and quiet!
Guests will have access to the entire home
It is important to recognize our mountain retreat offers comfortable arrangements but it is still a labor of love:
- The staircase from main level to lower level is unfinished (to be completed soon)
- The electric heat can be finicky (house should stay warm enough in summertime that the potential lack of heat at night is a non-issue)
- The lower level plumbing can be sluggish (functional but better to use the main level bathroom)
- There is no formal walking path from the lower parking spots to the house (about a 100 meter walk up) so you'll need to be comfortable traversing the property. Alternative is to drive 5 min around and park at top of the house (on side of the road) and walk down the sloped driveway to front of the house. We typically park at the bottom as it allows easier in/out to wherever we need to go by car.
Note the kitchen does not have a dishwasher but does include microwave, toaster, Keurig (coffee supplied!), coffee maker and french press plus bean grinder. Feel free to help yourself to any food in the pantry and fridge.
There is cell phone coverage by all service providers with the exception of T-Mobile (we have T-Mobile so it's a blessing and a curse not to have service).
Also please remember this is a mountain home that does not see full-time use so expect to see occasional spiders and possibly some ants inside. As mentioned, there also isn't any WiFi or cable but there is a great HD TV, Blu-ray player (extensive DVD collection too!) and Bluetooth Sound Bar to play your favorite jams. This is what we love about the property - it's a little bit wild but it's a super cozy getaway from the hustle of life. We hope others will enjoy our comfortable but not-so-perfect retreat!
- Absolutely no campfires outside!
- Do not use washer and dryer - not functional right now
- Smoke OUTSIDE!
- Do not use front driveway - it's steep and not maintained. Must park at bottom of property or road above driveway!