Bright and airy private bedroom in a large modern two bedroom apartment. Great location in Mikocheni by the sea - safe, quiet, and close to public transport. Small market is close by as well as several restaurants. Much larger shopping center within 2 km. Private bathroom, desk space. 4th floor with elevator. Perfect for solo traveller on business or vacation. Bed is 6 ft x 4 ft, so it might be a bit cosy for 2 people but room is spacious and has a nice ocean breeze.
I'm often traveling and not around, but usually within reach by message easily.
- No shoes in the apartment. Please take yours off as soon as you enter.
- Use internet responsibly. It's expensive here in Tanzania, so limit downloading and streaming videos.
- Check-in time flexible
- Be clean, respectful and responsible. Quiet hours after 23:00 (this is a residential neighborhood). Don't make loud noise coming or going from the apartment. Absolutely no gatherings or parties at all, and only registered guests are allowed in the apartment. Please report any breakage or accidents immediately.
- Be sure to turn off lights and air-conditioning when not in the room
- This is also a home. Do not use owner's items unless clearly specified.
I love nature and the environment and have devoted my life to a career in conservation. While I started out my life and career in the San Francisco Bay Area, I've since spent the last decade+ living in China and Africa, supporting sustainable management of natural resources and promoting solutions towards sustainable development. Most of the time in China was spent in the mountains of the eastern Tibetan Plateau working with local communities, hiking, exploring, and folk dancing around bonfires. After three years in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where I learned to appreciate one of the most dynamic and vibrant music and art scenes in the world, I've moved to East Africa. In Tanzania, I've discovered a love for ocean sports and a fondness for Swahili.
I'm responsible yet adventurous, and prefer learning how local people live to secluding myself in an ivory tower. I have a strong addiction to traveling the world, love meeting new people, and aspire to truly making a difference in the world.