I was sad and sorry to read this review from Lae, and will respond point by point. Lae is an interesting and unusual person, and we were happy to host her. I kept in touch with her through the week and asked how things were in the house for her, and she said that everything was fine each time. If she was unhappy, and had talked to me, i would have done my best to have made things easier for her. Here are my responses to the points:
1. The bed was not made when Lae arrived as I had been at work all day. After welcoming Lae and showing her around (when she actually said the room was very nice), I made her bed up immediately with fresh linen. This was done within 20 minutes of her arriving.
2. The toilet did get blocked; it has never happened before, so perhaps Lae put too much paper down it. Sometimes these things can happen in houses! As soon as she told me it was blocked, I unblocked it and it was not blocked after that.
3. Most people find the tortoise sweet but if Lae was unhappy with the tortoise walking around in the house she should have talked to me. He was not usually out of his enclosure when she was around. In fact, she left her bedroom door open when he was around so I assumed she was OK with him.
4. I can't comment on the spider as I didn't go in the shower room she used while she was there, but sometimes spiders do appear in houses...
5. One night I put the plants in the sink as it has been very hot and they needed water and to drain. It is very easy to move them to one side. Also, usually when I clean the oven I wash the oven grill and put it to drain in the sink overnight. It is very easy to move it to one side; it is a double sink.
6. I didn't ask Lae about the length of her stay because I wanted her to move out, there was plenty of room for the other airbnb guests as there are two rooms, but it was simply as I could not remember and was being friendly!! It was nothing to do with her not being welcome at all, it is very sad that this has been misinterpreted completely...
7. It is not true that there was no cleaning material in the shower room, there is some in there by the toilet and more in the kitchen easily visible. Moreover, the shower room was cleaned before she came.
8. Check in: I am not sure why this was a problem for Lae. We liaised over the time of Lae's arrival and agreed a time which she said she was happy with.
9. I am very confused by Lae's attitude particularly because during the whole week I was very friendly to her and asked her how she was, how her job interview had gone, and so on; I invited her to join us for meals and kept checking she was OK and happy. She states that I had a 'party', but I didn't, I had three friends for dinner and Lae was invited to join us, which she declined. This is a family house and it is lived in but for most of the week that Lae was with us, she had almost half the house to herself, a private shower room and a private entrance, which most people prefer...