This is a very nice room on the ground floor. It has a hardwood floor, a leather couch, beautifully upholstered chairs and breathtaking photographs of wilderness areas on the wall.
We have 2 dogs in the house, one is a Boston Terrier and is black, the other is a mixed breed and is brown. The black one is very friendly with people but not too good with other dogs. The brown one can be a bit crabby. She is best left alone.
Please note that at the moment there are two sheets covering the entrance to the room. There is no door. The room is right next to the hallway leading to the front door. Occasionally, people come and leave the house late at night. The noise is blocked somewhat by the 2 sheets and the headboard of the bed. This means there may be some noise. I cannot guarantee absolute quiet. I do ask all guests to be extremely quiet after 9 pm.
If you are a light sleeper this room is probably not for you.
Check out is 11 am during the week and 12 pm on weekends.
We are offering a continental breakfast for $12 per person per day. This includes coffee, juice, bagels, cream cheese, muffins, toast and jam, granola and fruit. All of the food and beverages will come from Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Please let me know if you want this and on what days. It will be added to the booking fee.
- No shoes in the house please.
- We have a quiet time between 9 pm at night and 8 am in the morning. If you arrive after 9 pm you will have to use the side entrance to the house. This is so as not to disturb guests who may be sleeping on the couch. The side entrance is to the right of the house as you look at the house. The entrance is next to the garage. You need to pull on the string to open the side gate. Go round to the back garden and come in to the house via the back sliding door. It will be unlocked. If you leave the house before 8 am in the morning please leave by the reverse way (go out through back door and the side gate). Please be very quiet if using the kitchen during this period. Please do not use the laundry machines during this period. If you want to make a long cell phone conversation during this period then it is recommended that you go outside the house.
- Please do not park in front of our house or either of the houses next door to us. It is fine to park in front of us to drop of your luggage.
There are some parking spaces on the street. Please be careful not to overlap anybody's driveway. Some of the spaces between driveways can take 2 or more cars. Please be mindful and park close to a driveway rather than in the middle of the space so that 2 cars can get in there.
Sorry for all the parking rules. Just trying to keep the neighbors happy and police happy.
- Check out is 11 am during the week and 12 pm on weekends.
- We have 2 dogs. One is a small black boston terrier. She is very good with humans but a little aggressive with other dogs. The other is a brown medium sized dog. She is old and has arthritis and can be cranky. She is best left alone. She is very cute looking. If you wish to pet her it should be done under our supervision.
My wife, daughter, 2 dogs and I live in Cupertino, CA. My wife is from India and is a software engineer. I am from England and am a teacher at the local college.
I love to meditate and watch Game of Thrones. My wife loves Bikram yoga and detective stories. My daughter loves video games.