Located in the heart of the Mission District, consider this your home away from home.
Peaceful and comfortable, yet close enough to pretty much everything San Francisco is known & loved for, as well as some lesser known (equally loved by those who do) sights.
You'll have a modern, cozy, private bedroom with a full-sized bed within this 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. (You'll be sharing the main areas of the house with Brian/Angela and two other guests, plus our two small rescue dogs)
Your bedroom is equipped with a large, flat screen television set up with Chromecast.
Jacques and Bijoux are sweet and playful pups who live here. If you want to play or cuddle with them, they'll love it. (If not, don't worry, they do not have access to the bedrooms).
A beautiful living space and shared backyard patio with a gas grill, premier location in the culturally rich Mission district (the famous Balmy Street murals are outside our back door, literally), and a fun and inspirational environment are some of the perks of access.
We're always happy to share recommendations and help however we can.
This is our home year-round, and we try to balance the house with both long term and short term guests. Having people stay long term creates more of a stable atmosphere, and having new guests come for short periods gives everyone the ability to meet new and interesting people that we may not have otherwise.
We've found that spontaneous group dinners and outings occur on a relatively frequent basis. You are of course entitled to your privacy and welcome to interact with others as often or as little as you like.
- We're on the 3rd floor and there's no elevator so you'll get a quick cardio on your way up (we're always happy to help with your luggage).
- We have two small rescue dogs, so hopefully you like dogs.
- Our apartment is located in the "penthouse" unit, which means super high ceilings. That also means that sound can travel a bit - so keep that in mind. Lots of skylights throughout and natural light.
- You can check in and out of the home as early or late as you like*
*The bedroom itself will not be ready until 2 PM the day of check in so you're welcome to leave your belongings in the common space until then. On the day of checkout, your belongings will need to be moved from the bedroom to the common space by noon. You can use the common areas (e.g. cook, watch Netflix in the living room, shower, etc.) until your room is ready and/or after check out.
- Our house rules are pretty simple: Please be respectful…of the house, the hosts, and your fellow guests. For more detailed rules, see below… Rule #1: Read the rules ;) Rule #2: Shoes stay outside the house, dogs stay inside the house. Rule #3: Please keep common spaces as you found them once you've left them. Rule #4: Registered guests only (meaning you and only you please) allowed in the house. Rule #5: Please do your best to recycle and turn off lights when you leave a room while here. (We keep a garbage and recycling bin easily accessible in the kitchen.) Rule #6: Between 11 PM - 8 AM, please be respectful of others in the house who may be trying to sleep by keeping noise and lighting to a minimum when in a common room. Rule #7: Check out the written caption for the bedroom photo; there have been updates. Thanks so much for your cooperation! We want each and every one of our guests to have an enjoyable stay with us.
Welcome to our home in the vibrant Mission District of San Francisco. We are a professional couple (Angela is a tech/lifestyle public-relations executive; Brian runs a media/entertainment company), with two loving rescue dogs—Bijoux (a Maltipoo) and Jacques (a Westie).
On weekends, you’ll find us exploring San Francisco’s diverse neighborhoods—searching for the best cappuccino, checking out the latest museum and gallery exhibit, and trying out the latest brunch hot spot. In addition, we love traveling, playing tennis, and watching foreign films.
Two of our favorite mottos:
Have courage and be kind.
Eat well and travel often.
We love to meet new, interesting people from all over the world, and we are excited to welcome you to San Francisco and into our home.