Beautiful sun-filled vintage two bedroom, one bath home in Oak Park. First floor unit with all the comforts of home. Great location, just blocks away from the train, parks, groceries, and an easy walk to downtown Oak Park and the Frank Lloyd Wright homes. Welcome!
Staying in Oak Park? Why rent a tiny room in a nondescript hotel when you can rent a whole apartment with all the amenities?
Nicely appointed large two bedroom apartment home located in beautiful Oak Park. Just a couple blocks from the CTA green line train, this is a fully furnished apartment on the first floor of an owner-occupied two-flat. Steps from Lake Street in a great neighborhood, our home offers everything you could need, including:
• Easy check in/check out any time (within in/out times) with keypad entry
• Free and easy street parking
• Full kitchen with refrigerator, stove/oven, drip and Keurig coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, microwave, cooking utensils/dinnerware, and basic spices/oils/etc.
• Full bathroom with tub/shower, toiletries, hair dryer, etc.
• Large dining room with seating for 6
• Sleeps 4 comfortably
• Main bedroom has king-size bed, closet & dresser.
• Second bedroom has queen-size bed & chest of drawers.
• Living room has leather couch and two chairs, coffee table, wood-burning fireplace, HDTV with cable & Chromecast.
• An assortment of board games and books are available for your use while you stay
• Free WIFI
• Free in-unit washer/dryer
Amenities within walking distance:
• Food options just a half-block away
• Brand new grocery store/fresh food market one block away
• Great parks within blocks
• Just a short walk to downtown Oak Park, and a 3 block walk to the CTA train which takes you to downtown Chicago in 15-20 minutes.
Nearby Oak Park attractions:
• Downtown Oak Park is just a few blocks away
• Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio
• Historic neighborhoods including several Frank Lloyd Wright homes and many other beautiful homes
• Ernest Hemingway House and Museum
Chicago best attractions are all easily accessible from the Green Line CTA train at the Ridgeland stop, just three blocks away:
• Skydeck at Willis Tower (previously Sears Tower)
• Theatre district
• State Street shopping
• Michigan Avenue, aka "The Magnificent Mile"
• Millennium Park and The Art Institute
• Chicago's great music venues
• Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Civic Opera
• Grant Park & Buckingham Fountain
• Chicago's gorgeous lakefront
• Navy Pier
• Chicago's great museums, including the Art Institute, Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planetarium.
Just a 25 minute cab ride takes you to either O'Hare or Midway airport.
Whether you're here on business, or visiting with family, we have the perfect spot to relax. Small-town charm, but big city access.
Guests have access to the whole unit except for two locked closets--one in the front hall, and one in the second bedroom (where we keep supplies). You are free to do laundry, cook, etc. Anything in the apartment is yours to use, and it's well stocked for whatever you might need.
We offer our guests complete privacy; however, if you need anything at all, we are just upstairs. A restaurant recommendation, directions to the nearest bookstore, or just a request to borrow a needle and thread...just ask! We are a text away!
This apartment is a beautiful example of the early 20th century Chicago style two-flat. So, though it's been updated several times, there are some quirks you may (or may not) be inclined to love as much as we do.
So, I present to you: The charms of an old house.
* The hardwood floors are occasionally creaky.
* The heat is radiant (and super cozy).
* The room sizes are of that era. This means the living areas can entertain 30, but the bathroom---probably only one.
* You'll see amazing sunrise light coming through the living room windows. And amazing sunsets from the back. If you are a vampire, you should look elsewhere. ;)
This home is representative of Chicago, and more importantly Oak Park, and all its charms. It's beautiful, and we love it here, and though you may only stay a few days, we trust you will be captivated as well.
Please note: while we are only ten minutes away from downtown Chicago, we are not in Chicago proper--we are the first suburb on the western border. The city of Chicago is a big place; one that would take two hours to traverse from the far north side to the far south side. If there is somewhere in Chicago you are looking to be near, please first ask us if it is close by. It's a big city!
Please note that the security deposit is NOT held from your account prior to or during your stay and is not a charge or authorization.
•If you need an early check-in or late check-out, please ask! We cannot guarantee, but we may be able to accommodate it.
•Please do not smoke in the apartment.
•Please don't alter/erase/change the settings on the DVR. :) Hey, we like our TV. :)
•Please don't change the thermostat settings. The apartment is set to a cozy 68 degrees, but the thermostat controls the whole building. Please let us know if you are too hot or cold and we'll be happy to accommodate your preference.
•Please don't allow pets to sleep in the beds with you. If you have a snuggler, though, let us know and we'll be happy to swap out the comforters.
•Please make sure that the back door in the kitchen is locked whenever you leave for the day or evening. Just the key lock is fine.
•Feel free to sit on the back porch, but please enter/exit through the kitchen .
•Please don't exit through the back yard/gate. We have a dog who is a runner and we are super paranoid about her escaping. :)
•Please understand that the back yard is off limits to guests. The dog leaves "land mines," and nobody likes to step in that. :)
Hi there! I'm Natalie. I live with my husband Stephen in Oak Park, IL, which is ten minutes from downtown Chicago. I was born and raised in Chicago and love showing people all the great things there are to do and see here.