The perfect place for a family gathering, wedding, reunion or any festive Atlanta occasion! Our lovingly restored, Queen Anne Victorian sits on an acre and a half in the heart of ATL's trendy Kirkwood neighborhood. THE quintessential classic southern home.
Please respect the following house rules:
- Absolutely no indoor smoking. Cigarette butts need to be disposed of in outdoor garbage container.
- Prior to check-out, please return both thermostats to a setting of 78 degrees during summer months and 68 degrees during winter months.
- No pets.
- No tape or stickers of any kind on walls, cabinets or woodwork.
- No confetti, glitter or other "decorative litter" -it's just too hard to get all of it up
- No illegal activity on the property.
-Please keep out of the china cabinet in the dining room as well as the liquor cabinet.
- Please refrain from touching the instruments in the billiard room.
- Please clean and return all kitchen items to their original location (We don't enjoy doing puzzles:)
- PLEASE be aware that this is a residential neighborhood and respect our neighbors' right to peace and quiet.
- If something is damaged or broken during your stay, please be proactive about bringing it to our attention. We understand that accidents happen, but hiding / covering up damage will be met with a less forgiving tone.
Beyond that common sense usually prevails.
-Please note, while it is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost of quiet and privacy, The Howard House is an actively managed estate with a carriage house that is also available for rent through Airbnb
( https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5849782/ ) It is therefore not uncommon for the property owner, maintenance staff, or a guest of the cottage to use the driveway for ingress and egress.
I am the father of two wonderful sons, have had my hand in the event planning and hospitality world for over a decade, am a real estate investor and broker, and recently became a certified Yoga instructor! I have restored several historic homes in this city's historic neighborhoods, have a love for vintage musical instruments and cars, live music, creative writing, and perhaps most of all, travel!
This wonderful property was marketed as a "tear-down" when we bought it over a decade ago. Being among the last unrestored magnificent Atlanta homes, we ventured to divert it's demise and chose to restore it. Both of my parents are from Europe and travelled extensively with my brother and me. Our intension with the Howard House is to provide a 5-star accommodation experience with the softened vibe of a familiar and comfortable home. It is an honor to host auspicious events (weddings, graduation gatherings, family re-unions, corporate team building off-sites, retirement parties, etc. -we even hosted a 40 person weekend yoga retreat!), professional athletes, executives and everyday people looking to make fond memories. The property has been showcased in several home tours, TV shows, commercials and as the primary set for a major motion picture released in November, 2016!
This is our personal residence and while to some it may seem dizzyingly large, the home is very efficiently and simply laid out. The scale is very grand, but the function is extremely simple to enjoy! Most of us have an image in our heads of a timeless "fairy tale" home, the Howard House strives to make it a reality.