Lovely two bedroom vacation house on North Haven Island's North Shore with beach access and incredible water and mountain sunset views! Two bedrooms with queen beds and a loft with single bed. Sited in beautiful 5 acre field. Great for two couples, a small family, artists and nature lovers.
Payment & Policies:
Weekly minimum rental $1,400 per week plus 9% Maine of $126.00
A $200.00 refundable deposit covers breakages or lack of house cleanliness (see below)
• Linens, towels (including a few beach towels), pots, pans, dishes, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, vacuum cleaner, and internet access are included
• Stove has gas burners
• Washer & Dryer
• Two downstairs bedrooms with a queen bed per bedroom.
• One full bathroom
• Rather open small loft accessed by a steep narrow stairway with one single bed
• Beach access
• There is no TV, grille or dishwasher
Arrival & Departure: Please plan to arrive after 2pm and depart before 11:00 pm.
Expectations and Cleaning Policy: Please be advised that the Forge is a somewhat rustic, summer only cottage and that it is on an island with limited weekend help. We cannot rely on getting the house cleaned between guests. Therefore, we must ask our renters to leave the house in excellent condition for the next arrivals. This includes:
1. Beds neatly made with clean sheets & pillowcases (there are two sets of sheets for each bed)
2. Clean towels & washcloths should be hanging neatly in the bathroom for the next arrivals.
3. All extra towels and linens washed, folded and put away.
4. All dishes cleaned and neatly put away
5. No garbage or recyclables left in the house. The town transfer station is open Monday, Wednesday & Saturday and you can take your garbage and recyclables there. The transfer station sells trash stickers. If you can’t take it to the transfer station you need to take it off the island with you.
6. Floors cleaned and vacuumed (vacuum cleaner is in the downstairs closet)
7. Toilet, sinks & shower scrubbed and clean
8. Empty and clean refrigerator/freezer
9. Everything neat and tidy
10. Fireplace neatened up
11. If you bring a dog please scoop their poop
Note: Please let us know if you do not find the house in the condition described above or if anything is broken. If you have to clean up after previous renters we will apply a portion of their cleaning deposit to you.
Ferry Logistics: The North Haven Ferry makes the round trip between Rockland and North Haven three times a day. See (URL HIDDEN) for reservation instructions, schedule and other information. The ferry takes 4 car and one truck reservation per trip and fits about 15 cars total. To make a reservation you call at a specific time approximately one month in advance (goes by actual date unless no comparable date the next month – see the website for those exceptions). I you don’t get a reservation, get your car to the Rockland ferry terminal and in the North Haven line as soon as possible on the day of your travel or put it in line the night before – just need to move it when each boat leaves Try to get a reservation off the island using the same process described above. If you don’t get a reservation off the island, please check in with the North Haven Ferry office per their policies and procedures – also on the website.
Directions from the Ferry Landing to the Forge: Follow the ferry traffic off the boat, take the right on Main Street (one way) and take the immediate first left up the hill and around to the left. At the dead end (where all the signs are) take a right. Go about 2-3 miles (staying to the left at the fork) past the North Haven Museum on your right. Fork right at the intersection where the Grange is and continue on (the North Haven Grocery store will be on your left). You will stay on this road all the way to the Forge (about 5.5 miles). Stay left coming down the hill after the grocery store and cross Pulpit Harbor Bridge. Stay to the right after the bridge and continue on past a pond on your right and up a hill. About 1/4 mile after the hill you will pass the town transfer station and Dump road on your right. The Forge is a mile past the transfer station on the right. You will see the view open up to the Penobscot Bay. The landmark is our main house, with a big porch and balcony above, on the right set back from the road in a big field. The mailbox number is 419 North Shore Road. Take a right off the North Shore Road onto the driveway. You will be heading toward the main house until you see the left fork toward The Forge.