Very cosy STUDIO in "lower" SANTA TERESA / "upper" Lapa - excellent location with easy access!
Central and quiet ! Everything in reach of minutes: commerce, Santa Teresa, Lapa, downtown, Flamengo, Airports, Metrô to beaches, Ipanema, Copacabana, etc. Very cosy place, nice view - BE MOST WELCOME :-)
- Studio flat, ideal for 1 person or an intimate couple or two, maximum 3 good friends or family! The flat can be configured with one DBL-bed or one double-bed plus one extra single-bed in main room ("living kitchen")
- totally independent private entrance
- Wifi & cable Internet Access 10MB/s
- Small operational "living" kitchen with new refrigerator, oven, sink, washer and air-condition !!
- Individual bathroom with in Brazil very popular electrical shower system (installed according to highest security standards)
- View over the districts of Santa Teresa, Lapa and downtown
A few minutes away, walking or driving, you'll find small shops, as well as bigger (and cheaper) supermarkets, bakeries, grocery stores, etc.
Also several banks and cash-machines are within reach.
- Since the house is situated at a staircase ("escadinha") it is more suitable for people who are in reasonable physical conditions. What you gain is a very individually located home with a nice view over the districts of Lapa and Santa Teresa.
You will enjoy a very individual stay in a very special district, which is full of life and artistic as well as gastronomic activity.
Some of the best restaurants, bars and clubs with many different (live-) music styles can be found in Santa Teresa and Lapa.
- Once a year over 80 artists and galleries open their houses to the public during the event "Artes de Portas Abertas" (Arts with Open Doors).
- The place is also not far away from the famous "Escadaria Selaron", a long staircase decorated with tiles from all over the world, collected and installed in more than 20 years of dedicated art-work by chilean painter and sculpter Jorge Selaron.
Since it is an exclusive apartment, guests have complete independent and fully private access and use of all facilities, as described above.
Some guest reviews:
=> Michael communicates very fast and is welcoming and provides a very transparent check in process. Studio is well located near going out area of Lapa, and also to nice restaurants of Santa Teresa. It is very well equipped, even for a rather small studio. Very nice views from window. He is very helpful and when you need anything, he's quick to respond and arrange it, recommended! (Hugo, May 2017)
=> Thank you so much Michael for letting us stay in your wonderful studio. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come again. The flat is very comfortable with everything you could possibly need! Michael was wonderful and responded instantly to any queries we had. Amazing area and we felt very safe day and night. Thank you Michael! (Abby, April 2017)
Michael's studio is very conveniently located and very well equipped, particularly for such a small surface. With air conditioning, multiple fans, a washing machine, stove and kitchen appliances you need not much else. Michael is an excellent communicator and responds very fast to inquiries and when two lamps were coincidentally broken, he replaced them immediately. He gives great tips on what to do in the area as he knows it very well. Very recommended. (Hugo, April 2017)
=> Michael's place is awesome. The location is perfect, just a few steps from the world famous Lapa Stairs. The studio is super clean, one of the cleanest places I've ever been to. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Rio. (Christoph, April 2017)
=> Michael's was a great host. He met us promptly on arrival and gave us lots of information about Rio and how to get around the city. The apartment very clean and had cooking facilities. It was in a great location for carnival celebrations and we had a really great time in Rio. Many thanks Michael! (Jolie, March 2017)
=> Great flat and great peaceful neighborhood. Santa Tereza is a wonderful place , near from the middle town, and not to far from the Rio's beaches. Michael is a great host, very helpful who will give you all the informations you need to know to enjoy your vacations. (Terence, March 2017)
- - Smoking allowed nearby the window or outside only - Always remember to turn off all lights, ventilators and specially the air condition, before you leave the apartment for the day !!! - Respect neighbors and the "law of silence" ! No loud music or parties or overloud conversations between 10pm and 08am, please. - Regarding any overnights of additional guests who were not previously reserved through AirBnB, please ask the host for permission - not only because fees for extra-guests apply, but also for security reasons !! - Guest is responsible for accidental material damage caused by him - Conscious handling of recyclable garbage is welcome (we offer a special place for "dry" garbage) - Treat apartment as good as possible (general clean-up on last day, check if you didn't forget any of your belongings, please)
Guests will get all the assistance they might ask for, like information about the city and special locations, transportation, busses, airports, subway/Metrô, shopping areas, banks, etc.
And should anything brake or go wrong, full maintenance service is included in the rate.
I'am a film- and music producer, audio engineer, musician and publisher at my own Production Company in Rio de Janeiro; my company is entitled by ANCINE (the governmental brazilian regulatory film agency) to receive international teams for film-productions in Rio and Brazil.
Parallel to my career as a producer I have worked for many years as an international and regional tour manager, speaking fluently portuguese, english and german; my spanish is reasonable.
I do live in Brazil and Rio de Janeiro for about 30 years now and know the city really very well, enabling me to assist my guests with valuable local information and insider tips.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you in one of my two apartments.
Ah ... I almost forgot: I LOVE traveling and have visited over 70 countries in 5 continents, for work and also leisure.