Welcome to Whispering Winds. This newly remodeled hybrid getaway has a nice and bright floor plan. The retreat features two bedrooms, one with a queen size bed and the other with a futon couch that folds into a double bed. There are two decks, one with full privacy. Relax by the propane fire and listen to the sounds of nature.
Whispering Winds is located on a large corner lot in a community of mountain homes within 4 miles of the Nisqually entrance to Mount Rainier. Our getaway features an open concept kitchen and living areas. It sleeps 4 comfortably but more guests are allowed with prior approval.
If you are considering a large family gathering Whispering Winds has a bunk house located on the property and a nice covered picnic area, an empty field for family games such as badminton, Bocce ball, whatever else you can imagine. There is also another getaway located directly across from Whispering Winds.
Do not overlook alpine holidays.
Christmas in the northwest is not over rated at Mount Rainier. The getaways are decorated and access to Christmas trees are available. Obtain a tree cutting permit and head out into the wilderness to cut your own tree. Spur of the moment, we can help with tree decorations. Snow is never far away.
Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Our getaway has everything you need to create a holiday you will remember and want to repeat year after year.
To top it off, enjoy the real Polar Express Holiday Train over the river and through the woods. We can help make arrangements.
Celebrate New Years with family and friends and maybe a deer or two.
We acknowledge and respect all religious holidays.
The entire getaway is yours to use.
We try not to disturb our guests, but should the need arise we do live full time within the community.
We currently do not offer WIFI.
We do however provide coffee, tea, cream, some spices and oil to make it a little easier for those who want to cook.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?
• Groceries – Stock up before you arrive as the small stores in and around Ashford have a limited selection of goods. Don’t forget coffee, condiments, and burgers or steaks for the grill. Also bring whatever adult beverages you enjoy as you can only purchase beer and wine in Ashford.
• Baby equipment.
• Gasoline – again, fill up before you get here. Hours can be limited at the gas station in Ashford.
• Specialty kitchen gadgets – Please bring any specialty kitchen items. We keep our kitchens fully stocked with the basics plus cutting boards, knives, cheese graters, etc., but do not stock specialty small appliances.
• Personal toiletries – including shampoo. Shower gel is provided. An iron is provided in the cabin or just go causal – no one in Ashford will care!
• Clothing – layers, rain jacket, comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses.
• For hikers – daypack, water bottles, hiking boots, compass, binoculars.
• Outfitters store is close by in case you forget something.
• Good books.
• Wildflower and Tree ID books.
• Absolutely no smoking!
• No bonfires, campfires, fire pits, etc. allowed on the premises. The risk of a forest fire is too high.
• No firearms of any kind are allowed to be discharged on the property.
- Please observe quiet hours after 10PM
- All cars must be parked in the driveway, no street parking allowed.
- Guest count must not exceed maximum capacity without prior approval.
- Must be 25 years old to rent our Getaway.
- Prior to booking, we will provide our complete rental policies.
- Extra charge for guests over maximum capacity.
- Must not disturb other mountain homes.
Welcome to Paradise! We are Dennis and Julie Day. Several years ago we discovered Paradise and purchased Owls Well, our cabin on Big Creek. Two years ago we decided to leave the city and move full time to our getaway in Ashford WA, located 5 miles from the Nisqually entrance of Mount Rainier. We love the peacefulness that rural living provides. We are avid hikers, kayakers, skiers, but mostly we just love the outdoors.
We have so many friends and family visitors asking for a place to stay when visiting that we decided to bring our passion for Mount Rainier to you and your family. Please join us in Paradise!