IMPORTANT: So we may keep your Airbnb service fees as low as possible, we DO NOT include the 12% occupancy tax or the $50 property protection fee in the rent. You will need to pay the tax and fee after booking with Airbnb, when you sign Tahoe Luxury Properties' Vacation Rental Agreement. Airbnb will charge you for the rent, cleaning fee and their service fee; Tahoe Luxury Properties will separately charge you the 12% occupancy tax and $50 property protection fee. Thank you!
As soon as you walk into this sunny, mountain property with lovely tree views, warm wood floors and luxurious linens you will feel immediately at home! The soaring ceilings with multiple over-sized windows, open floor plan, large deck and modern furnishings give Walking on Sunshine a spacious, airy feel. The comfortable loft overlooking the living room, counter seating at the kitchen and a master bedroom on the entry level keeps everyone in good company though. Stainless steel appliances make the well stocked kitchen shine and will be appreciated by the chef in the family. However, the greatest appreciation will come from the kids who will adore their own space in the upstairs family room with its 70" HDTV, pool table, shuffleboard and attached room with a trundle bed. Set in a peaceful Tahoe Donner neighborhood, with numerous trees and all-day sunshine, the appeal of this home is also in its location. Take advantage of its proximity to the Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center in the summer with experienced wranglers and trail-wise horses who will take you on a ride through high mountain forests and upland meadows full of wild flowers and mountain streams. In the winter, venture out on a cross country ski day at the Alder Creek Adventure Center, voted as one of the top three cross country ski areas in North America by USA Today, with a trail system that meanders through beautiful meadows and forests, follows bubbling creeks, and climbs for some stunning views of the Sierra Crest. But don't forget to head down to the private HOA beach at the east end of Donner Lake for water activities! One thing is for certain, when you return home from your day's activities, you will be walking on sunshine!
Bedroom #1 King
Bedroom #2 King
Bedroom #3 Two Double Beds
Bedroom #4 Trundle Bed
Additional Sleeping: Double Sofabed in Loft
- 2,400 Square Feet
- New Hot Tub with LED Lights, Acquarella Waterfall with Circuit Therapy; Large Back Deck with Tree Views; Propane Gas Heater; Gas BBQ; Patio Furnishings in Summer
- Living Room: Sunny Open Floor Plan, TV / Blu-Ray DVD, Floor to Ceiling Windows, Vaulted Ceilings, Gas Fireplace
- Fully Stocked Kitchen with Granite Counters; Stainless Steel Appliances, Center Island with Counter Seating for 4
- Dining Table Seating for 6
- Master Bedroom: Lovely Linens, TV / Blu-Ray DVD
- Spacious Bonus Room: 70" HDTV with Media Seating, Pool Table, Shuffleboard Table
- Loft: Overlooking Living Room, Double Sofa Bed, Desk Area
- Wireless Internet
- 3-Car Garage - 2 Spaces Available
- Town of Truckee Registration Certification No. RCN37
- In addition to HOA amenities, Tahoe Donner offers many family-friendly recreation programs and events - please inquire about guest fee.
Additional Information: Tahoe Donner homes have access to numerous amenities (for a guest fee). Amenities include a recreation & fitness center, private beach club, swimming pools, tennis, golf, equestrian center, downhill & cross-country skiing, bike trails, and more. Guests age 7 and up pay an $8 daily entrance fee to access the private amenities. Guests will receive member rates at the golf course, rather than public rates.
Please Note: Guests should always have tire chains in their vehicles when visiting the mountains in the winter. A 4WD or AWD vehicle is advisable.
TLUXP has a Concierge Director on staff to offer services to guests to make your stay extra special. Please inquire about details.
- Suitable for Children (2 -12): YES
- Suitable for Infants (under 2): YES
- Smoking: No
- Events or Parties: No
- Additional Rules:
- We thank you in advance for reading the TLUXP Vacation Rental Agreement thoroughly, prior to signing. Among other provisions, house rules are contained in this Agreement. Additionally, a guest book containing a wealth of information, and a few additional rules, will be at the home for your perusal. Do not hesitate to contact us with questions.
- Pets Considered. Please Inquire. Prior Written Approval and $100 Pet Fee Required Per Pet.
Hello! We are so enthused to have you viewing our home. We at Tahoe Luxury Properties have specialized in providing upscale vacation rentals in every size and price range for over 20 years. When you book with Tahoe Luxury Properties, you will receive more than just a great house however, you will receive customized service tailored to your specific desires. One item which sets us apart is our concierge services designed to make your stay particularly fabulous. Let us arrange for personal chefs to dazzle you with their culinary ability, babysitters to entertain your kids, or masseuses to revive you! Lastly, please know all utilities, TVs, hot tubs, etc. will be checked-in 24 hrs prior to your arrival; the heater will be set to 65 degrees and the porch light will be turned on so you will be welcomed by a warm and inviting environment. So, we welcome your inquiry and invite you to ask us all your questions and express all your vacation wishes so we can make your experience in Tahoe perfection! Blessed with magnificent natural beauty and located in the one most popular and desirable locations in the Western United States, Lake Tahoe is considered the jewel of California. At 6,229 feet above sea level, Lake Tahoe is the highest lake of its size in the United States, measuring 22 miles long by 12 miles wide, with an average depth of 989 feet and 72 miles of shoreline. Its clear blue waters surrounded by the towering Sierras are a sight to behold! Lake Tahoe is truly a treasure, hopefully to be visited by all at some point!