Bright and spacious beachfront island contemporary bungalow on LCI. Home includes a king size bed in large ocean facing bedroom and a single sofa bed in living area. Well equipped kitchen including fridge, double sink and four burner stove top. Large en suite bathroom with walk in hot water shower. Ocean front porch only steps from the beach.
Troy's Place on Little Corn Island boasts one of the most amazing beachfront views on the island. With big windows, a sea breeze and a covered porch, the home is always a pleasant temperature even on a hot day. The covered outdoor porch overlooking the Caribbean Sea is a perfect location to enjoy morning coffee, read a book or just relax...
Guests will make their own way to the house from the dock and our on site manager will meet you there to show you around and help you get settled.
An on site manager will be available for all questions and any Island issues that may arise and of course you can always contact me.
Please keep in mind that Little Corn is a remote tropical island with limited natural resources. We will do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible, but do remember where you are and that things may happen that are beyond your control. This may require you to be a little more laid back than usual...Island style. Island power is on from approximately 1pm-6am daily. The house is on a septic tank, so please...nothing in the toilet except human waste, paper included! Everything in the bin :).
Packing tips and some additional rules:
1. Headlamp or flashlight: The island can get very dark at night.
2. Coffee: There is a French press for your use, but you may wish to bring your preferred ground coffee. There is a selection of items in the local stores, but you may also want to bring your favorite snacks...Think tea or peanut butter!
3. Sunscreen and bug spray: The bugs are usually kept at bay at home because of the breeze, but other locations can be buggy at times.
4. US dollars are accepted on the island...if they are clean, unmarked, not torn, and readable. Paying by card is possible at several locations with a 5% surcharge and Nicaraguan Córdobas can be obtained on Big Corn Island from the ATM before you arrive
5. Day pack or beach bag
6. Rain jacket or umbrella
7. Flip flops or other comfy shoes for walking to and from the village.
8. A sarong or something for the beach as we do not provide...Please don't take bath towels to the beach!
1. Please do not bring bath towels to the beach.
2. Nothing but human waste can go into the toilet as the entire island works on septic tanks and has an underground fresh water system and swamp that we try our best to help keep clean. There is a garbage can for toilet paper.
3. We charge $30 for lost locks. Please keep the front door and windows locked at all time when not on site.
4. You may drink the water as it has been filtered coming into the house.
5. Please be mindful of electricity and water usage as it is a small island and we want to preserve it.
6. No non-paying guests are allowed and we ask that you are quiet and respectful of our neighbors.
7. Being clean is important in a tropical climate (bugs love food and dirt :) We do not charge an end cleaning fee so please wash your dishes and pick up after yourself so that we can keep providing this for our guests.
8. Failure to comply with the rules will result in you being asked to leave and or partial/full loss of security deposit.