A “Luxurious" tent on a private, cozy property with all the comforts of home and adventures just waiting for you. Hiking and mountain bike trails, yoga classes (on site), restaurants, art, golf, wine and beer tours, and shopping close by. Or simply unwind in the hot tub listening to the waterfall and wind chimes, hang out in a hammock, play a little ping pong, star gaze or possibly grill. Enjoy red rock views of Bell Rock and Courthouse from the privacy of our yard.
Each of our tents is a spacious 9 by 15 feet outfitted with a comfortable, extra high queen air mattress (2 twin mattresses available on request) and full bedding including comforter (no sleeping bags required). The outdoor kitchen, equipped with essential cooking utensils, has a 3-burner propane stove, charcoal grill, and small refrigerator. We provide filtered, ionized, alkaline water.
Southwest Campouts is a Glamping experience. Located in the Village of Oak Creek, VOC, a few miles south of Sedona proper, away from the congestion. Four tents are set on two, adjoining, 1-acre home sites with their own entrance and plenty of parking. There is a patio area, outdoor kitchen, outdoor shower with hot water, hot tubs and a porta potty for your use. The beautifully landscaped yard has views of the Red Rock National Monument, a large grass lawn, fire pit, hammocks, and waterfall.
Schedule a yoga class in our home studio, out on the trails or join a weekend class with the neighbors. Karen, one of your hosts, is a yoga teacher with over 20 years of teaching experience. Mark is an avid mountain biker and can recommend trails to suit your adventure. We can also suggest excellent hiking trails, shops, and restaurants. Or maybe walk next door to explore our talented neighbor's pottery studio. Allow us to recommend tours with local guides to match your desires.
In addition to the comforts of the yard, you'll have access to the washer/dryer of the house.
We love to share with our guests, but also understand the desire for privacy to connect with yourself and nature. Feel free to contact us with questions or requests. We are here for you (or not).
For a group outing, there are 3 tents available on site; "Under the Blue Sky", "Waterfall" and "Red Rock". Note that only the "Red Rock Tent" is pet friendly and equipped with a dog bed on request for those well-behaved, furry family members. Other tents are pet free zones.
Our Golden Lab Finn loves people and playing fetch with the ball. Feel free to play with him in the mulched area of the backyard or ignore him - your choice. He knows not to go inside a tent, but please don't invite him in.
* 10pm - 7am, please be courteous of other campers on premises.
* No candles are to be lit inside of the tents.
* Towels and extra blankets are located in the labeled, black bins in tent.
* No smoking in tents or on the property.
* Please be aware of tent stakes and tie-down cords.
* Please put one scoop of the shock treatment (canister with yellow lid)
in the hot tub after your soak.
- We require one host to be present when starting a fire.
In our high desert environment, there are sometimes local restrictions or prohibitions on the use of open fires.
* Please leave the kitchen as you found it. You are responsible for cleaning up the dishes and utensils that you used.
* There is a station for charging electronic devices in the patio area.
Rules for Dogs:
* Must be well-behaved, generally comfortable and calm around other dogs and unfamiliar people, we have a lab on the property and there may be other guests present.
* Must not bark excessively in the presence of people or other animals.
* Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
* Clean up after your dog.
* May be off leash in the yard, but a leash is required on most local hiking trails and when walking in the neighborhood (country ordinance).
* Please be respectful of property, plants and other campers' safety.
We are a group of neighbors that love the outdoors and sharing it with people. We recognize that others enjoy nature and sleeping under the stars, but may not have the camping equipment or experience or perhaps just want to take a trip without hauling their gear. We are passionate about sharing the healing, relaxing and inspiring qualities of sleeping and waking up to beauty of Sedona.
Mark: I'm a just a GSD (just ask one of our team what it means) kind of guy. I flow with nature as I create landscape designs that delight the senses. The interaction with the land inspires my soul and grounds my spirit. Perhaps that is why I love mountain biking and hiking. Ask me about my fleet of bikes and fun trails. Sometimes poetry will come right out of my mouth when I'm playing in nature.
Karen: Moving my body opens my soul and invites a sense that all is as it needs to be. Add being in nature and my heart sings! I love sharing the experience of being open, joyous, and connected with a deeper sense of self, inspired by hiking and the practice of yoga. I enjoy the playfulness and effectiveness of therapeutic touch via yoga assists, acrobatics, and thai massage. Assisting others to gently open their bodies and hearts, greatly opens mine.
Mike: coming soon.