Bright, spacious and comfortable. With its restored natural beauties and modern finishes its hard to believe it was built in the late 1800's. Best of all is its central location close to all the action.
I'm proud present to you my newly renovated home. Built in 1890 I have maintained the old charm with original floor boards, exposed brick and old cooker, whilst modernising with new appliances and open plan kitchen and lounge. When you arrive I hope you will get a sense of space and comfort.
The kitchen comes fully equipped - complete with gas cook top, electric oven, utensils, baking appliances and a basic stocked pantry, with plenty of condiments and spices. There's also a brand new BBQ out the back. Perfect for cook up.
Sit back and be entertained. The living room has a flat screen TV, free wifi, chromecast (which transports YouTube, gogle Play, Netflix or ABC iView from the phone to the TV) and many board games & a Nintendo 64 to play.
This home comprises three well lit bedrooms with queen sized beds in each, and they all have luxurious new carpet. Two rooms have built in robes and all have heating (it can get cold in Ballarat!). There's also a sofa and queen size blow up mattress, technically you could sleep 9, it would take a bit of Tetris though. Whatever you do, do NOT sleep with the gas heater on.
Relax and take a bath while you're here. The water pressure is good and the bathroom is well lit. You can also make use of all amenities - washing machine, dryer, iron and dishwasher.
Guests have access to the whole home, ample space in the driveway for cars or caravans.
You will be able to contact me by phone or email during your entire stay, however I won't be in Ballarat.
The house is newly renovated but is still over 120 years old. Her floors can creak and when you arrive she can be cold, but she'll warm to you quite quickly. I'm still yet to mend the fence and a couple of imperfections in the driveway, just waiting on agreement with one of the neighbours. Next door there is a part of the fence that is non existent. That block is empty though so it is still private.
- Smoking is not allowed inside, however you are free to do so outside provided you dispose of your cigarette butts appropriately.
- If you are traveling with infants under the age of two please bring appropriate bedding as there is no crib or high chairs provided.
- Never sleep with the lounge room heater on, or leave the house with heating on.
The Please Do’s:
- Please lock up when you leave.
- Do conserve energy. I buy renewable energy, but please don’t waste it. If you’re not using rooms – don’t heat them. Turn lights off after you leave a room.
- Please feel free to use the drive way.
- Please close the front pedestrian gate behind you.
- Please help yourself to the pantry & the fridge.
- Please do call if there’s any problems.