1860's Victorian house. 3 minutes to centre. Traditional B&B in our own home. All beds supplied by local company BlindCraft, guaranteed comfortable. Samll but well appointed with basin, TV, Wi-Fi, tea/coffee, heating(not in summer, not overnight). Breakfast 8or8:30, see other notes/photo, not cater for special diets. Free parking(6pm-8am), if space availble on our dirve is for overnight only. A few stairs to this room but next to bathroom (shower only, shared with 0-3 other guests). No smoking!
This single room is next door to the shower/toilet. Small but comfortable many guests have commented on it's quietness and a good night sleep. At breakfast time the wood burning stove will be lit in the dining room if it's a cooler morning.
Bedroom, shower/toilet room and dining room for breakfast. Sorry, kitchen is for private use only!
We are more than happy to help with any info if we can.
Parking space on our drive is not guarantee, it's restricted and for over-night only, there are some paying car parks nearby (around 90p per hour).
Wifi sometimes maybe disrupted.
No heating in summer nor overnight.
Fire in the dining room would be lit at breakfast time in cooler mornings (not in summer)
Cooked breakfast items are bacon, egg (fried or scrambled), sausage (pork) and baked beans, also tea, coffee, cornflakes, muesli, toast and orange juice. Served @ 8 or 8:30 am, earlier than 8an we could provide a sandwich and juice to take away also you can help yourself to cereal. Sorry, we don't cater for special diets.
Noise: Seagulls in summer. Weekends evenings with passersby. when windows are shut tight should be no problem. No guest mentioned noise so far
- Strictly no smoking (one of our sons severely allergic to smoke).
- After check-in, if you have to cut short of your stay, we have to keep 50% of the next night's fee.
- Sorry, kitchen is for private use only. Please don't ask to use the microwave or washing machine, it's not pleasant to refuse nor be refused, there is a launderette not too far away, a few café/restaurants offering 2 meals for around £10.
- Resident guests (check-in guests) only, no visitors.
- Please do not bring saucy take-away back, if have to please eat in the dining room.
- For safety, please keep the bathroom floor dry by using shower curtain and bathmat.
- This is a bed & breakfast, no day service during 10am-4pm, but you can still stay in your room if you wish. If you don't want us enter your room during your stay to empty bin etc, please do let us know.