Sunny south facing garden studio with a modern bohemian feel. Cozy and charming, with full outdoor seating and a BBQ.
This apartment is in the space of the original kitchen of the house. It is incredibly quiet and lots of glass faces to the outside.
The entire apt and the garden!
I am available when needed by phone and sometimes in person if I am not traveling.
This apartment is bohemian. It is accessed through the former servants staircase, which is old and relatively tight. This makes it not a great choice for anyone with mobility issues.
Important - communicate any issues or concerns right away so that we can work it out or part friends. I never want anyone to feel uncomfortable here, including me.
This is not a hotel and if you are expecting hotel services do not book this apartment. The building is 130 years old and does not have an elevator.
Your apartment is delivered to you in clean condition and must be returned in the same way minus normal use - I must be able to enter after you leave and clean without having to pick up after you.
While these rules/fees may seem scary, there is an easy solution to avoiding problems - follow the rules.
1) Be gentle with the plumbing. Do not clog the toilet. Flush NOTHING except toilet paper - no dental floss, no baby wipes, no paper towels or sanitary products, etc... ($300 violation for each infraction AND you agree to be responsible for all costs incurred (plumbing, damage, and construction) for failure to follow this rule.
2) There is no smoking in the apartment, the garden, on the stoop or in front of the building. Please, dispose of cigarette butts properly. ($100 fee for each violation)
3) It is a quiet building - respect that at all times. Do not talk on your phone in the hallways. Do not talk on your phone in front of the building. Close the front door softly but firmly when you enter and exit. ($100 fee for each violation)
4) TRASH - All trash must be disposed of properly, including recycling. Trash days are Sun (trash), Tues (trash), Thurs (trash and recycling) after 6 PM - put out in proper bags in front of 554 by the fire hydrant. Trash is picked up Mon, Wed, Fri around 8 AM. Recycling is only picked up Friday AM and must be separated appropriately and placed in clear bags. All bags are available at the grocery store on 150/bway. If you buy things (especially clothes), throw away any wrapping or plastic hooks on which the price tags hang. ($100 fee for each violation and $100 violation for failing to recycle properly).
5) No candles or flames, other than cooking/stove. ($500 violation)
6) Repeat of rule #4.
7) Do not move things without permission - but if you have a desire or a good idea tell me - I welcome it. ($100 fee for each violation)
8) I must have the full names of all occupants. ($100 fee for each violation)
9) No guests other than named occupants without prior permission. ($100 fee for each violation)
10 Be energy efficient at all times. Turn off the lights and air conditioning when you leave. Always be comfortable but please use fans over AC whenever possible. Let me know if you need one. ($100 fee for each violation)
10) Violation of the house rules will potentially result in immediate cancellation (at my discretion) of your reservation with no refund and the loss of a commensurate/appropriate, as determined by me and Airbnb, portion of the security deposit.
11) If you are staying in the summertime, air conditioning is provided from roughly June 15- September 15 at my discretion.
12) Please communicate with me through the AIRBNB messaging system. If it is time sensitive/urgent and you haven't heard back from me, text me and call me.
13) When you leave, you may be asked to deliver your dirty sheets and towels to Old Broadway laundromat on the corner of 150th and Broadway. Each apartment comes with a laundry bag. This is when I can not be available myself. You agree to do this if asked. They are open from 6 AM - 12 midnight every day.
14) I do not generally accept bookings made on behalf of other people. If it is discovered that this has occurred, the reservation will be canceled immediately with no refund given and you agree to forfeit your security deposit. This is for the security of everyone. No one who is not registered with me is allowed in the building.
15) Do not give out this address for mail, etc. If you are staying longer term, please get a Post Office Box. I will not forward any mail.
THANK YOU! Be respectful. Keep the building quiet and safe.