Hi, I'm Jo. My sunny, quiet Junior 1-Bedroom home is large enough for 3 adults & designed with privacy in mind. So, I'm welcoming females to stay with me in quaint, convenient Lenox Hill.
We'll share the bathroom, kitchen, and living room (dining set, Smart TV, desk, coffee table, large mirrors, YOGA mats!).
The sofa (with bed linens & pillow) is all yours! Extra guests have yoga mats.
Interested in staying on the bed for 1 or 2 nights, while I stay on the couch? Please discuss this with me.
The apartment is a well-kept walk-up building on a quiet, well-lit street.
It's perfect for visitors, staff, and students of the local hospitals and graduate schools, or anyone who is in transition between housing and needs a clean, peaceful place to stay.
I will be the only person sharing the apartment with you, so I hope you can feel comfortable knowing this is my home and I will not be inviting visitors.
I have room dividers and curtains to surround the couch, so I can walk freely through the shared spaces without interrupting your privacy.
You will need to walk through the bedroom area (a wall that separates the bedroom area from the rest of the apartment) in order to reach the bathroom. I am okay with this, and I hope you are too! The bathroom door locks.
Washer and Dryer Machines (for use 8am-10pm) are in the laundry room below the ground floor and require quarters.
Please close the door while machines are in use.
I will provide detergent and dryer sheets for 1 load of laundry, as well as my drying rack. Please do not leave your drying clothes out for more than 8 hours.
I work a lot. My workplace is a close to the apartment, so I am easy to reach while working.
I may be in and out of the apartment throughout the day, but I want you to have privacy.
I am friendly and would love to hang out if I have the time and you are interested in that.
Most nights, I generally sleep 12am-7:30am. I listen to a short, calming playlist quietly at bedtime and sleep in quiet, with no TV.
Before work, I listen to music or podcasts while getting ready, stretch some on a yoga mat, and head out the door within 90 minutes.
Feel free to bring sleeping bags or air mattresses! The living room can fit a Queen size air mattress.
1. Females only, and please announce the full names of guests during booking. Per AirBnB Policy, Shared Space hosts have the right to decline males, and all hosts have the right to require Profile Verification by Government-Issued ID. Please verify your Government ID in the Profile section. Thank you for understanding.
2. LANDLORD'S STRICTLY ENFORCED QUIET HOURS: 10pm-8am.
(Noise complaints are frequently filed, and your loud noise during those hours can lead to me getting evicted, so please be careful.)
3. If you are LOCKED OUT!: Please go to a safe location, such as the 24-hour Dunkin Donuts, and call my cell phone constantly until you reach me and we have a plan. I will meet you in a safe location, no matter what time it is, and unlock and open the door for you.
4. Please do not lock the door with the (chain) if I am not home.
5. Please do not access the fire escape for non-emergency.
6. Please do not use recreational drugs except for alcohol.
7. Please do not engage in excessive drinking.
8. Please do not smoke inside the building.
9. Please do not allow visitors, delivery personnel, or pets inside the building.
10. Please do not wear shoes inside the bathroom.
11. Garbage: If the garbage can is full or extra smelly, please keep the pests away by disposing the garbage outside (plastic bins for trash, metal bins for recycling).
12. If you damage anything, please tell me. We can discuss it and use our judgement about whether it should be replaced or reimbursed through your security deposit.
13. I (Jo) have the right to specify a check-in time within the listing settings (For example, if my listing says Check-In is 9am to 9pm, I may ask you to agree to a specific 2-hour window between 9am to 9pm before approving your request). Thank you for understanding.
I am a friendly, kind, athletic woman. Some of my favorite things are psychology, mindfulness, dance, girl power advocacy, live music (NYC has great outdoor concerts in the warm months!), meeting new people, cycling, lush green parks, dogs, self-improvement, and spur-of-the-moment trips to cool events in the city. I recently took a solo trip to southern Spain for a week, which helped me gain some clarity. The trip pushed me to let go of some things and be truer to myself. I decided to leave finance and return to graduate school for Social Work.
One important thing for AirBnB roommates - it is important to me to go to sleep in a quiet, dark room (no TV) around 12 midnight most nights :)