This is an apartment in one of Nairobi's safest and most cosmopolitan neighbourhoods. Bathed in natural light and with fantastic views of Nairobi’s streets (including the tallest buildings in the city!), this apartment is highly accessible via public transport, private taxi/Uber etc, and is walking distance to Nairobi’s central business district. Unlimited Wi-Fi is provided, and a kitchen with a fridge and microwave is at hand. Hand-wash laundry services can be provided at the extra cost of $5.
This apartment is tucked safely in the heart of the city, at the intersection of two major roads (Mombasa Road and Langata Road). Here, you can observe and experience the real essence of Nairobi, and interact with real Nairobians, going about their every-day lives.
Nairobi West is accessible via public transport (matatus), taxis, and is walking distance from several destinations and social amenities:
• 10-minute walk to T-Mall, and 15 minute walk to Nakumatt Mega Mall,
• 15-minute walk (5-minute drive when there's no traffic) to Nairobi’s central business district (CBD/Town),
• 5 minute walk to Nyayo National Stadium (where most national athletics and sports competitions are held), and an Olympic size swimming pool is accessible to the public,
• 15 minute drive to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (when there's no traffic),
• 15 minute drive to the Nairobi National Park, and 20 minutes drive to the Bomas of Kenya (when there's no traffic)
• 7 – 10 minute drive to Wilson Airport when there's no traffic,
• 15 minute walk to The Godown Arts Centre
• Short walk (less than 5 minutes) to the local groceries market, including a fish market
Note that there has been a drought in East Africa for several months, resulting in a water shortage in Nairobi. As a result, the county is currently rationing water in the city, and my building is affected: every Sunday, the taps run dry. I have stored water in the kitchen and bathroom for use on this day, and water is restored to the building on Mondays.
Also note the that house's main windows are facing the direction of a road, so expect to be able to hear the sound of nearby traffic. With windows closed for the night, this sound is a low background drone; for anyone that has lived in a city, this is no bother but for somebody that is accustomed to the profound stillness of suburban or rural nights, it will be noticeable.