1860's Victorian house. 3 minutes to centre. Traditional B&B in our own home. All beds supplied by local company BlindCraft, guaranteed comfortable. Not en-suite but with wash-hand basin, TV, Wi-Fi, tea/coffee, heating(not in summer, not overnight). Breakfast 8or8:30 (see other notes, not cater for special diets). No parking on premises, paying car parks nearby (around 90p per hour, free 6pm-8am). There are a few stairs to the bathroom (shower only, shared with 0-2 other guests). No smoking!
Close to East Gate shoping mall and city centre.
Bedroom, shower/toilet room and dining room for breakfast. Sorry, kitchen is for private use only.
We are more than happy to help with any info if we can.
There are few stairs to the back hall where the shower/toilet is located (see photo).
Wifi could be disrupted sometimes.
Cooked breakfast items are bacon, egg (fried or scrambled), sausage (pork) and baked beans, also tea, coffee, cornflakes, muesli, cow's milk, toast, butter, marmalade, jam and orange juice. Served @ 8 or 8:30am, earlier than 8am we could provide a sandwich and juice to take away also you can help yourself to cereal. Sorry, we don't cater for special diets.
No parking on premises, there are some paying car parks nearby (around 90p per hour, free from 6pm-8am).
Central heating is not on in summer nor overnight. Fire in the dining room would be lit at breakfast time in cooler mornings (not in summer).
- Strictly no smoking (one of our sons severely allergic to smoke).
- After check-in, if you have to cut short of your stay, we have to keep 50% of the next night's fee.
- Sorry, the kitchen is for private use only. Please don't ask to use microwave, fridge/freezeror (unless medical issue) nor washing machine, it's not pleasant to refuse nor be refused, there is a launderette not too far away, a few café/restaurants offering 2 meals for around £10( please ask).
- Resident guests (check-in guests) only, no visitors.
- Please do not bring SAUCY take-away back, if have to please use the dining room.
- For safety, please keep the bathroom floor dry by using shower curtain and bathmat.
- This is a bed & breakfast, no day service during 10am-4pm, but you can still stay in your room if you wish. If you don't want us enter your room during your stay to empty bin etc, please let us know.
- Sorry for such a long list, it's for the pleasantness of both sides, thanks for your understanding.