Starry Starry Night ... listen to the sound of loons beside an open campfire and the lake!
Open concept kitchen/living room with hardwood floors and a stunning view of the lake via a large glass picture window - enjoy beavers swimming across the misty lake early morning . This is a comfortable 'real' Canadian cottage. Book early as we fill up fast. If dates ARE NOT AVAILABLE PLEASE MESSAGE ME as we changed settings.
- Linens and towels available at an additional fee of $20 per bed (includes towels. For example if using a double bed - 2 sets of towels will be provided etc. which will be deducted from the security deposit - otherwise please provide your own.
- Three bedrooms (two bedrooms with a double/single bunk bed and one bedroom with a double bed).
- One bedroom contains a TV with DVD/VHS player with a library (100s) of new and old selections from Train Spotting to Batman.
- Full four piece bathroom with running hot water.
- Kitchen is equiped with all the tools, openers, hand mixer, spices, tea and coffee - don't bring what you don't have to - - Stove, freezer, fridge, microwave, toaster, espresso & coffee machine.
- Fire pit with (chopped) wood for the fire pit, etc. when fires are permitted (depends on wet/dry weather conditions).
- BBQ - picnic tables by the cottage and by the lake.
- Available wood stove and portable furnace for heat.
- Dock for lounging or boats.
- Paddle-boat, canoe and kayak with paddles also available.
- Fishing boat available for an additional cost.
- Life jackets for most sizes (some children's).
- Landline phone for incoming calls & emergencies.
- Trout and bass fishing.
- Swimming - gravel beach - its best in the middle or off floating dock.
- Also, for out of town'ers try to keep your auto tank at least half full. Apparently, that's an issue. Who knew.
During the summer months at the local community located in the park (5 minute drive) children can enjoy camp three times a week, family bingo on Wednesdays, movie nights, games etc. (dependent on schedule) or enjoy the community centre playground equipped with a jungle gym and tennis court.
My grand-daughter says its her favourite place in the world filled with her best memories. This is definitely a place to make memories.
We've been renting for years and we have a lot of repeat customers - this is the first time on Airbnb. You won't see us unless you need to.
We are part of a cooperative that provides security, day camp, and activities - truly unique idea!
- Some pets are not permitted. No animals on the furniture. All pets must be on a leash when on the road or in communal areas. No loud pets (barking all day as sound travels). You must clean up after your pet and not leave pet foot outside as it attracts bears and animals.
- No fireworks or loud music or canned music on the dock as again sound travels and not everyone wants to hear your music or your kind of music.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult near the water or on the dock.
- Provincial water regulations must be obeyed (i.e. fishing licences required, boating licences required, etc.)
- Life Jackets are available depending on size. Children must wear life jackets when on the dock. You must provide your own life jacket if there isn't one suitable.
- Province designates daily whether fires are permitted - sign at the entry will provide this information and must be obeyed.
- Also note its hard to get cell phone connection here - there are places on the lake you can. If you really want to turn off and tune out this is the place!
- Have fun!
I am a former musician, have worked in the music industry and ran the cafe/bar on the main floor of my home. I have lived from Newfoundland to Vancouver and love meeting new people from around the world. There are no in-betweens for me - I love downtown living or the thick of nature! Come enjoy a bit of both!
Five things we can't live without: Music, Friends, Great Food, Books, and nature! Actually six - art.