The PlaceInvaders Roadhouse is an Old West relic built in 1882, updated and furnished with the sensibilities of the modern wine traveler in mind. We're centrally located in the Santa Ynez Valley, near some of the greatest vineyards in the area, and at the base of some twisty-turny biking roads that reward with amazing views.
Expert Airbnb travelers ourselves, we've thought of everything to make your stay effortless, comfortable, and memorable.
The entire Roadhouse will be yours! There is plenty of parking in front. The tower behind the Roadhouse is not included or accessible during your stay, though it will be vacant.
Check in is fully automated and we will not be present. We are always just a text message away and also have a local house manager in town who is available to help if needed.
If you're requesting to book on behalf of others, for instance family members, we do require an additional deposit of $500, which is entirely refundable once your group checks out.
Check out our other listings if you're traveling with fewer people or if this listing is booked for the weekend you're considering:
The Gold Room: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15615786
The Green Room: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15495416
The Master: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17206794
Small print (feel free to ignore, potential and returning guests): For Santa Barbara county tax purposes, $250 from each reservation goes to a cleaning fee. The cleaning fee is accounted for in the price you pay, instead of surprising you after your search with a higher fee, we keep it simple for you - no hidden fees.
There is one security camera set up in a public area of our home. It's for your safety and ours and should not be disconnected or obstructed during your stay. There are no other cameras anywhere in the home.
Our home is not air conditioned, but there are fans available, and it cools down considerably at night, even on hot days.
If you leave behind an item and need for it to be sent via the mail, we just ask that you cover shipping, plus $10. We can't believe how often that happens!
- Our house may be suitable for your event; please inquire about the kind of event you're planning and we may be able to accommodate. Price may change depending on event requirements.
- Please be nice, tidy, communicative, and considerate
- If there's anything you need to make your stay more comfortable, or if anything is out of order, please tell us ASAP
- Feel free to use anything perishable in the kitchen, if you use up something non-perishable, please replace it.
- We ask that all noise outside end at 11PM. After 11, you may still use the speaker and congregate in the Spirit Sanctuary.
- The fireplace and fire pit are available for use during your stay, but we kindly ask you to refrain from using the woodstove. We ask that all fires in the fire pit end at 11 PM.
- No guests under 21
- Guests in number above 6 will carry an extra charge
- No pets allowed, excepting service dogs
We're the co-founders of a dining series called PlaceInvaders. We travel the country, hosting pop-up dinners in interesting spaces. We love to explore new cities, meet interesting people, and try tasty new food.
We just moved into an 1880's farm house in charming Los Alamos, California, with two rooms available for overnight stays.
If we're interested in working with you for an event, we will be sure to be specific in our request. For most of our bookings, we are just passing through.