The basement is a self-contained suite, though we would share the kitchen (main level). The entire basement is carpeted, and naturally cool in the summer months. You have your own entrance. There is ample room for sleeping - A queen bed, a double bed, and oversized couch are all provided. Please stipulate how many beds you will need set up.
Enjoy a coffee or wine in my back yard garden (in bloom from June-October). Borrow a bike and explore the city. Enjoy the cool basement in the hot summer months, or cozy up by the fire place in the winter. Run yourself a bath in the jacuzzi tub, enjoy surround sound music, pull the blinds and sleep until noon!
Feel free to make this your home away from home.
I will always respect your space in the basement; only in case of emergency or with your permission will I enter the basement during your stay.
I am minutes away from Polo Park Mall, downtown, Wolseley; easy access to many Winnipeg attractions, including the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks and many others.
I'll always be available to help you out, recommend restaurants (I've worked in several of them!) and tell you Winnipeg-only secrets to ensure a perfect visit.
I have two dogs - they do not access the basement but are happy to get pats from you if you want!
I work Monday through Friday so you may hear me, though I keep my volume to a minimum.
Self check-in is an option, but must be discussed ahead of time.
- If you are afraid of dogs, this is likely not the right place for you. While they don't access the basement, they do access shared spaces.
- Upon check in, I'll ask you to initial a paper showing you've understood the house rules
- Quiet Hours 12:00am - 8:00am
- I live upstairs - please be respectful!
- lights need to be turned out when you leave the house. save electricity!
- I charge an extra $15 per night for pets; proof of vaccinations is a requirement. The price will be adjusted at time of booking.
- before you invite other people over, please clear it with me first!