Charming, comfortable house with garden and private, heated pool. The house is situated just 200m from the heart of the medieval town of Sarlat. Rated 4 stars.
Ideally situated just 200m from the heart of the famous medieval market town of Sarlat, La Maison du Troubadour offers quality and comfortable accomodation for 4 to 6 holidaymakers.
You will appreciate the situation of the house in a dead end street with the shops, restaurants, the superb market and all the entertainment the town offers just a short walk away
* Access to the house is via a wisteria covered external staircase.
* The large glass roofed entrance hall, with its original tiled floor immediately gives you a taste of the charming decoration of the house.
* The beautiful, large kitchen is opposite the entrance, and in turn leads to the small garden and swimming pool. Particularly well equipped, you will have enormous pleasure in cooking the fresh, regional produce you can buy at the nearby market!
* To the right of the light filled entrance hall, is situated the comfortable bright and airy living/dining room. Leather sofas, coffee table and huge flat screen TV are perfect for a relaxing moment.
The dining area can easily accomodate 6 guests.
* A separate WC completes the ground floor (ideal when using the pool!)
The sleeping area is to be found on the upper floors - each double bedroom has its own private bath or shower room, allowing several couple to travel together whilst keeping their own privacy.
* The first huge bedroom has a king size bed (160cm), plenty of storage space, and views over the pool area to the countryside beyond.
It has a bathroom with bath, washbasin and toilet.
* The second double bedroom is found at the other end of the corridor. It has two single beds of 90cm, which can be joined together to offer an extra large double bed, a large wardrobe, a desk and chair, and even a small balcony with a lovely view over the rooftops of Sarlat.
Its "hamam" inspired shower room has a double washbasin, a walk in shower, toilet and washing machine.
* The last and third bedroom is situated on the second floor of the house, under the eaves.
Light and airy, it offers a double bed (140cm), shelving, wardrobe space and a desk and chair.
Its fully tiled shower room is small but functional, with a washbasin, toilet and walk in shower.
(Please note that due to the architectural nature of the house, access to this bedroom is via a narrow staircase, and is not advised for young holidaymakers, or guests with mobility problems.)
Free WiFi connection throughout the house.
Heating charges included in mid and low season.
The adorable small garden of 70m² is accessible via the french window in the kitchen.
* It offers a dining area, with a teak table and 6 chairs, and a barbeque. A large sun shade protects you from the heat of the summer.
* A few steps lead to the private pool which is surrounded by a beautiful teak terrasse. For our guests comfort the pool is heated from the beginning of May to the end of September. There are 4 sun loungers just waiting for you when you return from your daily excursions to the numerous local attractions all within easy reach of the house. La temperature finale de l’eau depend des conditions meteorologiqes.
* The private garage can be used to park a small car, motorbikes or cycles (11m² and 2.12m wide).
* A small public car park is near the house.
Extra services :
- Bed Linen and Towels are available at extra cost: 20€/guest/week
- A cleaning service is available at a cost of 120€
- travel cot 15€ and high chair 10€
Caution de 500€ payable à la remise des clés.
Breakage deposit of 500€ to be paid on arrival