The studio style Dawn Cottage is a retreat for couples who want that intimate stay with a dose of luxury and privacy.
Enjoy a large private timber deck and paved BBQ entertaining area with elevated views of the original 1860 Homestead, original stone outbuildings, paddocks, dam, surrounding hills, our own vines and livestock.
The cottage’s spacious open plan design features an exquisite mix of antique and new furniture. Cook up a lavish breakfast in the kitchen or have a BBQ on the deck.
Recharge your senses and enjoy a restful escape in the heart of boutique wine country at 1860 Wine Country Cottages, only an hour’s drive from Adelaide.
Here you’ll find all the ingredients for a relaxing break away from the everyday:
• Explore new tastes. Work your way through our three unique Boutique Wine and Food Trails, designed to give you a taste of the very best Eden Valley and the Adelaide Hills has to offer.
• Take a stroll on the wild side. Take your time and explore our neighbourhood set amongst vineyards, rolling hills, farms and wildlife.
• Experience the quiet of the countryside. Breathe in the fresh country air while you soak up the sun in your private outdoor area. Listen to the birds’ call and watch them wheel around the sky. Hear the wind whisper through stately red gums. Feel yourself unwind!
• Rejuvenate yourself. Rest up in your secluded luxury stone cottage – they’re the perfect mix of picturesque and contemporary style.
The perfect base to explore Eden Valley and beyond.
Our three cottages provide totally private escapes that merge the beauty of stone with all the contemporary amenities and touches to make your stay remarkable.
The Kuchel family built our homestead and outbuildings in the 1860s. We’ve rebuilt the old Kuchel stone dairy to create two adjoining, fully self-contained cottages – we’ve named them “Sunset” and “Dawn” to match the best views you can capture from their private outdoor areas.
We’ve also restored a very old stone building to create “The Stables” – the ultimate in pampering – with generous proportions, a private garden, cathedral skylights, luxury spa and cosy wood combustion fire.
Each is beautifully appointed with a blend of new and antique furniture, polished timber floors, textural stone and mini orb ceilings for added warmth and charm. All feature private parking and outdoor areas with heaters and BBQs – in short, everything you need to (big deep breath in… and out)… really relax.
1860 Wine Country Cottages is non hosted holiday accommodation. Our philosophy is to respect your privacy so we wont disturb you in your cottage during your stay. We visit the property mid morning on most days so please say hello if you see us. We live 10km away and you will receive telephone contact details for emergencies.
Breakfast provisions are provided as an extra at $15/person/night - min 2 nights.
- Facilities for use of paying guests only.
- The cottage is to be left in a clean & tidy condition, as found.
- Completion of our Guest Details Form is required at least 1 day before arrival.