My place is close to the beach, great views,family-friendly activities. You’ll love my place because of it's location along the coral coast. It is good for couples, solo adventurers, families. We're only an hour's drive from Nadi airport and 2 hours from Suva city. Nearby attractions include the famous sand dunes, Kula echo park, river safari, mountain trekking & swimming in ocean behind my house etc (c the space). We provide pick up & drop off , breakfast and few local tours!
We would like to make your trip as memorable and as comfortable as we can and also help you plan your trip better.
My place is immediately close to all the beaches along the coral coast where all resorts and backpackers are located but at one third the price you get the comfort of homestay and the cultural experience of staying with locals and can save on travels with more local insights and local tours. You will be able to access the famous sand dunes absolutely free without having to pay expensive tourist rates.
Here is a list of nearby attractions and things to do from our place.
1. Swimming in the ocean. (10 mins walk from my place)
2. Mountain trekking until the beach just behind our house.
3. Sigatoka sand dunes tour (Fiji rugby sevens team often train here).
4. Sigatoka river safari up the valley.
5. Kula echo wildlife park tour.
6. Snorkelling, diving, kayaking, waterski, JetSki, parasailing from nearby resorts. ( you can access the water sports from all resorts without having to stay there. Equipment hire charges may apply).
7. Golfing in resort golf courses. (intercontinental resort holds international golf competitions).
8. Take tourist train ride to natadola beach.
9. Surf at natadola beach. ( natadola is famous for its waves and international surfing competitions are held here).
10. Watch fire walking/ fire dancing at geckos and hideaway resorts.
11. Enjoy the bustling Sigatoka Saturday morning market. ( Sigatoka is known as the salad bowl of Fiji and supplies produce to all other markets of Fiji).
12. Enjoy traditional sila in vatukarasa village.
( traditional corn On the cob boiled in sea water ).
13. Visit biasevu waterfalls. (1.5 hrs drive from my place with nice treks ).
14. Enjoy traditional kava drink at home.
15. Try Fijian nightlife in deep sea nightclub in town.
16. Have lunch or beer at true blue restaurant overlooking the estuary.
17. Try Fiji bitter or Fiji gold beer.
18. Visit the hare Rama Hare Krishna temple in town. They usually give a guided tour of the temple.
19. Go fishing with my dad.
20. Try my mum's home cooked delicious meals.
Looking forward to hosting you guys.
The ensuite has hot and cold and bath tub and bedroom and living area with separate entrance. You can either have your breakfast in your ensuite or main dining area of the house. Parking is available. Compound is fully fenced and the neighbourhood is very safe and established with close access to all amenities. Free wifi is available in all rooms. First 1GB is free after which it is $15FJD for each additional GB. A vodaphone SIM card for your local use can be arranged for internet and phone calls for as little as $20.
We provide pick up and drop off to local bus stop, breakfast and few local tours!!!
Dinner can be provided for minimum additional cost.
We'll be available to offer any help throughout your stay if needed.
If you need your privacy, we respect that too.
Late night loud parties are not allowed after 11 pm. Any additional guests will need prior notice. Smoking is not allowed inside the premises. You can smoke on the patio or outside.
- Please leave the place clean to avoid cleaning costs. Avoid throwing wet wipes in toilets to avoid plumbing costs of additional $200
- no loud noise or parties after 11pm inside the premises.
- no additional guests without prior notification and identity approval.
- We are a family and my younger brother has palsy so please be respectful and sensitive.
Guests can smoke outside only please.
You must also acknowledge
Dog(s) lives in the house
Hi. I am a doctor and recently got married and moved to Auckland in NewZealand. My ensuite is now empty in Sigatoka in Fiji and i would like to offer it to travellers at reasonable price. My parents are retired school teachers who live with my younger brother who has palsy and our 2 toy poodles. Subletting our ensuite will enable my parents to be entertained and kill their boredom post retirement and meet people from different cultures.They are warm and affectionate and sociable people and will go all out to ensure their guests are comfortable and well looked after.