Looking for a mountain getaway in a private, wooded setting where you can relax, unwind, and breathe in the beauty of Nature? We've got it!
Built in 2002, this beautiful log cabin is perfect for a retreat, family time, or romance. Wake up to fresh mountain air with birds singing. Revel in the changes of the seasons and gaze at the starry display at night.
We've taken much care to provide a cozy and joyful retreat for our guests. With the inviting hardwood floors, the warmth of the logs, and comfortable furnishings, you will feel welcome here. Drift peacefully to sleep in the plush queen size bed. Whip up a gourmet meal in the well-equipped kitchen. Enjoy the privacy and sun-dappled woodland views. Let the kids roam and explore.
Guests have access to the entire cabin, but not the unfinished basement with a separate entrance. Washer and dryer in basement is available for stays of a week or longer.
We built this little cabin ourselves, with help from a few of our friends. We lived here until 2006 when we outgrew it. We have built a larger cabin that shares 2 acres with the rental cabin. We live there with our family, so we are close by if you need anything. We love our woods and the town of Black Mountain!
There is a guide book in the cabin with information about restaurants and local attractions.
Wireless internet is provided but it is slow. Sorry- it's just how it is in the mountains!
High Rock Log Cabin
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. EST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11 A.M. EST. No early check in. This agreement does not create a tenancy or residence. You must depart at the appropriate time.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING cabin.
3. Pets are permitted in the rental WITH PRIOR APPROVAL and $10/night pet fee.
4. We will not rent to persons under 22 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE / RESERVATION DEPOSIT – A damage / reservation deposit of $100 is required. This must be received within 7 days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts into a security/ damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within 14 days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
No damage is done to the cabin or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
No charges are incurred due to contraband or collection of rents and services rendered during the stay.
All debris and trash is bagged and placed in outside trash can. Soiled dishes are washed and placed on rack to dry. Bed linens are stripped and ready for wash.
All keys are left on the kitchen table and unit is left locked.
All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
No linens are lost or damaged.
NO early check-in or late check-out.
The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), or the local law enforcement.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment of 50% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the rent. Please make payments in the form of Pay Pal, or personal checks payable to Mary Beth Tanner. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT is due 14 days before your arrival date.
7. CANCELLATIONS – A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shorter stay that are made within 30 days of the arrival date forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of guests in the cabin is limited to four (4) persons. An additional charge of $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to four (4) will be assessed.
9. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
10. INCLUSIVE RATES – Rates include a one-time linen / towel set-up.
11. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is NOT included in the rental rate. However, it is available at an additional rate. We do not permit linens or towels to be taken from the rental.
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates are subject to change without notice.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. LIABILITY – High Rock Log Cabin and its owners are not responsible for injuries incurred during your stay.