Historical home in Arashiyama--perfect for indulging the cultural atmosphere & convenient travel experience! Free unlimited+pocket wifi, only 3 min from station, and newly renovated facilities! The 2 story house consists of 3 bedrooms, a living/dining space, and a kitchen. Accommodates a max of 7 ppl.
An old, historical family home in Arashiyama, a popular area of Kyoto where the traditional Japanese culture remains, surrounded by beautiful scenery. The owner of the house renovated an old Japanese building into the beautiful, spacious home while remaining the traditional Japanese characteristics, offering you a time-travelling experience! The property is a two-story house that has a total of 3 bedrooms with a living/dining room and a kitchen area, in which the rooms are divided by fusuma (Japanese sliding doors). I'll be staying either in my room on the first floor or in the cottage. (Depends on your request, please ask us for more info).
The property is located 3 minutes away from the Arashiyama Station (Hankyu Line), where it is full of cultural and historical atmosphere.
+++++++++ Amenities/Facilities +++++++++
We will supply you with;
- Pocket Wi-Fi access
- Home Wi-Fi access
- Clean bath towels and linen
- Hair dryer
- Washing machine / Dryer
- Full kitchen
- Separate shower room and toilet
- Air conditioners for heating and cooling
- Iron & ironing board
++++++++++++++ Bedding +++++++++++++++
7 single-size futon
I will help you with the check-in. So it will be great if you can let us know your check-in time. Also, I’m able to show you around the area or have dinner with you during your stay if you like. Since I’m busy sometimes, so I let an Airbnb host support company called Zens take care of any problems you have. Throughout your stay the Zens Team is always contactable for anything so please don’t hesitate to get in contact with them.
+++++++++++++ Packages ++++++++++++++
If you need to send or receive a package, you can use Yamato Transport’s delivery services. Packages can be both sent and received at their branch offices, or at some convenience stores.
Search “Yamato Transport Inquiries” for their homepage. Their phone number is listed there, and you do not need a local number to call them.
As a general rule, we do not accept deliveries to the property. Please contact us first if you are having something delivered.
If you do not contact us beforehand, we are not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
+++++++++++++ Children ++++++++++++++
There is no need to count children under 3 as guests. However, we count children over 3 as regular guests.
+++++++++++++ Check-in ++++++++++++++
Check-in time is after 3pm. Please ask us 1 day before arrival if you would like to check-in early as it may be possible depending on the previous guests.
If an early check in isn’t possible you can always use a coin locker in large/major stations to store your large bags.
+++++++++++++ Check-out ++++++++++++++
10am. Unfortunately you cannot leave your bags in the room as generally there will be another guest arriving in the afternoon.
Again we suggest a coin locker at the train station.
+++++++++++++ Availability ++++++++++++++
Our calendar in this page is usually always up to date no matter what this website says.
For your convenience, there is no need to ask us if it is available.
Also, last-minute bookings are usually no problem. Typically, the first paid reservation will get the room.
A short introduction of yourself is always nice. For example, your origin, jobs, age, hobby etc.
+++++++++++++ Last Words ++++++++++++++
Please read all the information available here & messages sent from Airbnb or us before you come to our place.
Room rates are better to check on the Airbnb website rather than asking us, because the rates fluctuate according to currency exchange rates.
Airbnb automatically takes care of the calculation.
We'd love to help you to enjoy your stay in Kyoto very much.
We try to keep the rules simple:
- Smoking is not allowed on this property.
- Please do not throw anything but toilet paper into toilet since it can cause a toilet clog, and in order to arrange a repair it can cost a lot to do so.
- There are 2 Western style rooms in the main house. Those rooms are for the host, so please do not enter :)
- All musical instruments, stereos, radios, and your voice volume, etc., should be at a volume that won’t disturb the neighbours. Sometimes this can be quieter in Japan than other countries, please keep this in mind.
- Please ask us if you want to invite anyone over. If someone is staying overnight there is an extra charge which is shown on the listing page.
- Please wash any dishes you use and try to leave the apartment in about the same condition as when you arrived. It helps us a lot to maintain a comfortable and clean environment.
- When entering the room please remember to take your shoes off inside.
- Please always give a smile to the neighbours or property manager if you see them :). Some of them may worry about new guests arriving so a smile is important!
- Please turn off the lights and air conditioner when you are out the apartment. We want to help the environment.
-Please do not have packages sent to the property. If you need to send or receive a package, you can use Yamato Transport’s delivery services.
- Check-out has to be done by 10:00 am. I’m sorry but we have to charge you 3500 yen per hour for late check-out. It’s because we have to pay the cleaner for the extra hours and it will cause trouble for the next guests arriving.
If you could treat our place like it's your own house we will be happy :)