My place is close to great views, wildlife, the Cannonball River, and not much else. You’ll love my place because of the amount of outdoor space you'll have to yourself, the solitude, and the Western feel. My place is good for solo adventurers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets). The listed price per night rents the property for any number of guests (limit about 8).
This rental is a lovely 40+ acre pasture with a simple camper. This rental has one indoor twin bed. For indoor sleeping, it can accomodate one person (or maybe one adult and a small child). For outdoor camping, it can accommodate a much larger number of people, who would be able to use the camper's bathroom, faucets, and microwave. There is no hot water in the camper.
Outside, there is a fire pit for campfires (if conditions allow) and a stack of straw bales that acts as a wind break for the camper and for some of your outdoor activities.
You can use the camper and the entire 40+ acres. The space is rented out to only one party at a time.
I will always be reachable by phone and more than willing to help over the phone.
This rental is ideal for those who are willing to give "roughing it" a try or those who have experience and enjoy it. You will have plenty of solitude and natural beauty, and the bare essentials including clean water, a cool shower, and a flush toilet. The vehicle you bring should have good ground clearance (pickup, SUV) because drive-up to the camper requires traveling on a dirt driveway over uneven ground and maybe a mud puddle or two, depending on conditions. Alternately, with a car, van, etc. that doesn't do as well on uneven dirt roads, you can park about 700 feet from the camper and walk to it. You should arrive with half of a tank of gas in your vehicle because the nearest gas station is about 20 miles away.
- Do not bring in guests other than those included in booking.
- Be respectful of neighboring cattle ranches, leave livestock alone, and tell kids to watch out for stepping in animal burrows in ground and barbed wire.
- Space heater provided, air conditioning not available, and please do not attempt to operate propane-powered appliances.
- Campfires allowed in fire pit and outdoor grilling fine if no county burn ban in effect at time of rental.
- You may be able to keep fossils you find, but please tell owner exactly where you found them first.
- If you would like to bring firearms, please discuss any on-site firearm use plans with owner beforehand and honor our agreement.